FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Horse

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Curt!

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:38 am

The Horse

"The January issue of The Horse has a great article about Flathead Power and their failed business venture into the U.S. market ending with S&S's ultimate acquisition of the company."

I haven't personally seen the article yet, but took this quote from another board I watch.
Curt!
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:57 am

Re: The Horse

Thanks for the heads up Curt! I'll pass that along to Anders.
JKE
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
<<

Plumber

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:17 pm

October '96 - Del Mar
ImageImage
Back then. IH - Est. 1978. Issue #151. The writer Noyes B. Livingston III columns were always dead-on funny. "Instant Classic" was a piece that tore apart the "Easyriders Commemorative (wall hanging) Plate" in sections. I don't even think he use one period, just unleashed a flood. Then, a few pages later the Hamilton® Commemorative Plate Co. just happen to be running a full page ad :lol: It seems the ad people in NY never corresponded with the writers at the magazine and that's what made it fun. Two loose cannons going off in the same issue. And then there was "Orgi" every single issue..."I'm fed up with bleedin' cars gettin' in the way of street racing..." Great magazine and snapshot in time of motorcycling. Who da guyz :?:
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:38 pm

Hey Plumber,
You forgot to tell these guys that my 17 year old kid broke not one but two fins off the head at Del Mar. Do you still have it?
<<

Plumber

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:49 am

Yes. I have the head and the malleable-cast iron chip that flew from it.
I'm going out there today and installing my heads and exhaust. Internet build-off. Right here. Right now. A "bobber" build-off.
The most points are given for using any Harley-Davidson part that doesn't constitute "eye-to-mind" fraud. If you can clip up a rocker pedal to use as a suicide pedal (it can be done right, I've seen one), then that gets a bunch of points. If you use a Sparto (any lens) taillamp, you accumulate points, old harley front fender bobbed, points. Rear flap removed and run with raw hinge-half ?, still more points. No matter what year Harley, the more ingenuity utilized, in using something Harley made the better.
Points off for aftermarket creations like that 1947 automatic shifter thing that was square bar-stock and bolted to the motorcycle, and you shift forward and back. Points off for the cheese-cutter front fender bumper guard or any juke-box add-ons (i.e ask Anders to post that all-chrome Panhead he owned :) ). So, like Iron Horse online. Maybe someone wants to build a 45 here on FHP, they're more affordable. There's lots of traffic on the 45 Topics.

Return to Talk To Us