FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

speedo ratio for 52 servi

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

smokinjoe55

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:52 pm

speedo ratio for 52 servi

hi, newby here. just bought me a 52 servi that has been reconstructed into a custom chopper trike. the problem is, it doesn't have a speedometer and i can't get it titled in kansas until i get a speedo on it with an odometer in it.
i'v checked the bike and it has the speedo drive in the rear end and it works. the problem is what ratio speedo do i need that will work with this thing?
can anyone help? also, what mod. linkert should be on this 45? it has an M16 on it.
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:19 pm

Re: speedo ratio for 52 servi

It will run much better with a M88 or M51 on it. Speedometer should be a 2 to 1.
<<

Curt!

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:16 pm

Where in Kansas are you? What sort of speedo are you going to run? Does it have original tanks that you could run the Servicar dash? If so, there are aftermarket speedos available that will work with your bike. Since it's been chopped you probably won't want to spend the kind of money it takes for original equipment. Speedo cables are available too. Shoot me an e-mail if you'd like me to quote you a price for the parts you need. It might help us understand what you have/ and need if you could post a photo of the trike.
Curt!
<<

smokinjoe55

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:33 pm

on the speedo, i bought a 2to1 from iron eagle. small one w/trip meter. i'll have to have cable and housing made to fit.
the only thing on this old servi-car that looks like a servi-car is the front forks, motor and some of the frame.
it's been totally redone, the tanks are hand made and integrated into the frame to look like they are part of the frame. rear tub is hand formed steel tub with a seat for one or, two REAL SMALL people. when i get hold of a digital camera, i'll put some pic's on here.
as to where i live, park city,ks. just north of wichita. this is just a neat ol'e trike. every where i go, people just look, smile and wave. as far as the carb. goes, i'm probably stuck with the one i've got 'cause i can't afford $600+ for another one. i've learned quite a bit about these old 45's just brousing this web site. you guys are pretty good.
<<

Curt!

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:32 pm

smokinjoe
Well, if you live in Park City and ride a Harley, you must know Danny Alefs (Alefs Harley Davidson) . We go way back. Went to high school together in Great Bend.
As far as your speedo question goes....
Unfortunately the 2:1 ratio speedo head won't work with the G model rear end speedo drive. There is a cable and adapter that will fit the situation, but the gear ratio is 1:1 on the rear end. You'll have to adapt a FX or FXE front wheel drive speedo drive to work with a 2:1 speedo head. Then you can just order a 12mm to FX drive cable. They come in just about any length.
Curt!

Return to Servi-Cars