Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:17 pm

10-4 !!!! pics, pics, pics, ???? :wink: Pa
<<

sleeper

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:58 pm

Yes pix would be nice...
Last edited by sleeper on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Plumber

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:37 pm

Here's a few pics of the core-Pan riders.
The one feature I wish http://hydra-glide.net would get, is when your on a (H-G.net) page and you copy and paste the url heading to post it on another site, is that the pasted url would take people right to the exact page you wanted people to got to. It is not so, though still the best Panhead site on the planet.
So, here's the link to the home page on the site. You'll need to click on Forum>Panhead>Panhead Rally...page 3.
http://www.hydra-glide.net/en_index.html
<<

john HD

Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:56 pm

chris

i got about 150 or so. i just got home and will get them posted when i get all my stuff put away.

i'll get them up in the next day or so.

john
<<

Curt!

Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:36 pm

As they come in, I'll post them to this address. I got about 70 that I took, but because of technical difficulties won't be able to post them for a few days. John is sending some to me and I'll get them up ASAP.

http://vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/F ... temId=3342
Curt!
<<

panhead

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:23 am

The one feature I wish http://hydra-glide.net would get, is when your on a (H-G.net) page and you copy and paste the url heading to post it on another site, is that the pasted url would take people right to the exact page you wanted people to got to. It is not so,

Even that is possible:

http://www.hydra-glide.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 2&start=45
Ride Safe & Have Fun

http://www.hydra-glide.com
<<

Curt!

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:11 am

panhead
I'm not seeing any pix on that page. Therre are people saying "here's some pix" and I see all the text, but I don't see the photos. I'm using Firefox for a browser, is there some setting I'm missing?
Curt!
<<

panhead

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:20 am

You must be registered. Email me a loginname & password and I'll do that for you (if you want of course).
Ride Safe & Have Fun

http://www.hydra-glide.com
<<

Plumber

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:27 am

Thanks for posting the pic of Gina next to the '64 Glide. Good contrast - Women and Big Twins.
Last edited by Plumber on Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Curt!

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:48 am

We had a great time at D-port. 625 miles each way, then we logged another 120 riding around the Illinois side of the Mississippi on Saturday. We took in some great scenery on the backroads of Iowa, too. I must be getting old cause I got cranky a couple times. They held up the races for an hour waiting on a backup ambulance to arrive. What??? don't they think 2 riders can get injured at the same time? Even here at the Stockton Flatrack races in a town of 5000 people they manage to have 2 ambulances onsite. That's a hell of a way to cut costs. They could have had Faber do a few laps in the midget Knuck and Johnny told me he asked permission to take the Speer Special out for a few demo laps. Why didn't they fill the time with something like that??/ The races were a good show. My congrats to the riders and thei teams for putting on some great races. Too bad they had to drop a lot of the heat races because of the delays.
What an effort for the board track racers!!!!! Too bad the Excelsior racer broke, I'd have loved to see it race. They actually did some racing instead of just riding around on the track.
My other bitch is What heck was the deal with shutting down the exit road burnouts???? That was one of the highlights of the weekend last time I was up there. I wasn't the only one pissed about it, either. The cops took a lot of hell for that. There was a bunch more cops there than I remember from last time. Maybe a few of them should be looking around at the monkeyed numbers on some of those cases for sale. I saw some real butcher jobs.
It was great seeing the guys that I did. I missed a lot of you. We really should have scheduled an eyeball Friday evening. I missed a great photo of Cotten riding his bicycle with the trailer. camera malfunction. I really enjoyed talking with JKE, Cotten, and Johnny. pa was surely missed from the proceedings. I screwed up my heel a while back and it was killing me Saturday, so I didn't get around as much as I'd planned.
I did watch Matt and Carl putting the 36 together for a while and got some photos of that. I took in the 3-brush seminar and saw Steve from Resurrection Cycle in there, but didn't even get the chance to introduce myself. We screwed up and didn't get tickets for the banquet, but some of our guys went over for the keynote speech by Jean Davidson. We were camped right next to her sons. They had a beautiful Knuck and panhead, and a funky old G-model.
Never seen so many Knuckleheads in one place. They were all over the place. IMO they far outnumbered the Panheads. A lot of prices on stuff were fantasies. I guess putting a price of 1200.00 on a fender got peoples attention and maybe half that would be a great price to sell it for, but there was just a lot of stuff that was insanely priced. Maybe I'm just out of touch with the times, though.
We did make it home in one day. A hard day's ride. I need to rename our handles as Lobster Boy and Crustacean Lady. Even with sunscreen we look like boiled lobsters this morning.
My camers had a malfunction so I took photos with the ol' lady's and we don't have a download cable here, so it may be Wednesday before I post my photos. I'll try to find a card reader here before then.
You guys that went can e-mail you photos to me at curt@ruraltel.net and I'll put them up on the VAM website. I've got about 60 from John posted already and there are more to come.

http://vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/F ... temId=3342
Curt!
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:45 am

Curt!,
It was great to finally meet the Man From Kansas. Just sorry that I didn't spend more time with you. Next year you might think about spending a couple more days and riding up the River to the La Crosse area. We have some really great roads up here. Thanks for the PHBB info.
JKE
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
<<

Plumber

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:46 am

Anybody get pics of the 1936 OHV resto-build from Carl's Cycles?
Last edited by Plumber on Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

john HD

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:48 am

hey curt!

thanks for putting up my pics! i hope folks who couldn't make it enjoy them. we had a great time also, and i really enjoyed meeting some of you guys in person. (mostly from the hydro forums)

maybe we can cross paths next time curt.

til next year, enjoy the photos!

john
<<

Cotten

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:18 pm

Curt!

Sorry I broke your camera: It happens often without explanation, so let that be a caution to all.

....Cotten
<<

Johnny

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:55 pm

Davenport was great !!!!!!!!
Didn't get any pictures (sorry Plumber) 'cause I was vending and didn't get out much, but really enjoyed the time I was able to spend with FatDog, Amklyde, Cotten, Curt, 37ULH and Jay.
Curt, Saturday afternoon my buddy & I rode the 1936 Indian racer and the Speer Special around the backside of the track looking for an opening in the fence we heard about. The gates were locked and the hole was nowhere to be found, so we tore up some grass out behind the track. What a blast !!!!!
Spent most of Saturday night talking with the guy who was the engine builder for Mark Brelsford in 1972 when he won his grand national championship. It was the most educational couple of hours I have ever spent talking with anyone.
Pa, I missed ya this year and will look forward for 12 months until next year.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:09 pm

Wandered what screwed my camera up a couple of years ago there ! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to miss you all Fella's. I,m planning next season now. Don't want to miss another. It has been to long Curt. Haven't shook your hand for 2 years now. Man !!! How time flies !!

Oh yeah...Cotten got a pretty hardy grip himself.

Sorry I missed you John. Been awaiting the ole hand shake with JKE for years now. Lord willing, it will happen.

Johnny....Got to see ya at Wauseon again. We will make good to ya next time around Bro ! How about the whole race next time ?

Here is an idea ??? How about a whole bleacher section for the webguys ?? FHP, IMT, everyone ??? All of us get together! Please ? ! Plumber !! Show up and take the group photos ! :D

The pics you folks have brought back really made my day !! I haven't had a chance to view them all yet but the ones I have seen were just down right great. I felt like I was with you all.

Thanks Bro's !!! Pa
<<

37ULH

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:55 pm

It was a blast. Total sensory overload for the old bike enthusiast!
Good meeting those that I did, sorry those I missed
Great event, great people and yes some great big prices. Perhaps I too am out of touch.
Still I found the parts or leads to most of the stuff on my list.
It's typical for only one ambulance to be at even National vintage flattrack races. They did a decent job of running the program and they have to break for the blinding setting sun but dammit it sure would have been a good time to let Johnny out to play. Insurance and damages waiver perhaps at issue? Money? Want it run next year? Enter it, as it should be legal in the board track class. It will only go as fast as you make it.
Need a rider, let me know.
A friend of mine rode Gagan's new Excelsior replica. What a thrill that must have been.
The racing was great. The competition and speed that was exhibited in the boardtrack class I found to be jaw dropping. It was not just an exhibition. Those lead bikes were going at it.
And the handshifters, the only way it could have been better was if the Indian brought for George Wills had not broken a rocker arm.
Camlin won on it's sister bike and it was just smoking fast.
550 miles each way on a 65 pan and the only problem was an overhead oil feed line's packing lost it's grip. A wooden wedge carved from a golf tee puzzle base provided by a rest area attendant cured that.
I guess even the bummer of 6 or so blocks before reaching the fairgrounds, a lense pops out of my presciption glasses and falls onto Locust St never to be seen again and missing a few hours remedying that situation couldn't take away from the experience. They had needed replaced anyway.
Damn, now I want more! Maybe Barber's.
<<

Tim 435

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:03 pm

GREAT PICS :!: JOHN HD , thanks for taking the time to take them and sharing them with us..
Vintage roadracing, Class C, AHRMA # 335
<<

Curt!

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:19 pm

I posted another 150 photos from SteveH today. Keep checking back I'll keep posting them as they come in.

37ULH What broke on the Excelsior? I was told that it busted while trying to start it, but was wondering if it was a major malfunction.
Yep, they do a pretty good job of running the event overall. If they knew there was going to be an hour delay somebody surely could have come up with something interesting to fill the time. Kinda like dead air on the radio.
Faber asked them to let him take the midget Knuck out to play before Dale took possession, but they wouldn't let him do it.
Curt!
Next

Return to Talk To Us