FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Welcoming Veterans home

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

nationalzjug

Post Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:41 am

Welcoming Veterans home

on the news last night there was a piece on the guys from the Korean War and the Viet Nam War greeting soldiers as they come home from Iraq and Afganistan and thanking them for thier service and welcoming them home....It touches my heart that these guys who got so little for what they did give so much of themselves so the soldiers coming home won't feel the way they did when they came home...and last week a piece on the biker honor guard who accompany funerals of the soldiers that have died in battle...if you get the chance, please participate...if you live near an airbase where soldiers are coming home,take some of your time to welcome them home....as a Veteran and a Quaker I applaud these people...I'm against war itself,but not the soldiers; they didn't wage it..and for reasons economic are forced to be in the military...most of our military relys on poverty for recruitment....the reason I joined was so I could support my young family and I had no job....Pa ,I'll understand if you delete this post...this has nothing to do with Flathead Power,but thank you for letting me blab....peace, Paul
<<

George Greer

Post Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:42 pm

Paul,

Just this past week there was an article in the European Stars & Stripes, where the "welcome home" festivites for the returning soldiers to Europe/Germany would be "Stopped Due to LACK OF FUNDING".

I think that is awful...

Ole pres should at least donate some $$$ for a beer at least..

That was all that I got when I returned to Germany from Desert Storm.
But I was still kicking with all body parts functioning and the beer was cold.

George in Germany
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:36 am

Do you read political in it Paul ? I don't see it. And yes ! I totally agree with you. Pa
<<

nationalzjug

Post Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:50 am

welcoming veterans home

Thanx,Pa and George...when my brother got dragged out of Nam he came home to 6 months in Levanworth and a general discharge..I never left the country and got an honorable discharge...I've always felt guilty about that, but a couple years ago he got his honorable...he's never made me feel bad about it either.... I had to join because I beat the draft lottery...hope they don't start that bull#**# again!
<<

panic

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:48 am

"Stopped Due to LACK OF FUNDING"

Yah, Pelosi spent the money on her big party.
<<

charlie

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:32 pm

Check out the Patriot Guard Riders.
A group of guys who started by putting themselves between grieving families and the "Thank God for IEDs/God Hates Fags" crowd at soldiers' funerals.
Now that that kind of demonstration is illegal, or, at least heavily curtailed, they welcome soldiers home, living or dead.
Good group of guys.
<<

faabala

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:19 pm

Not really disagreeing but people who have joined (nobody is "Forced") since 911 know exactly what they are volunteering for. Active, Guard, Reserve, Army, Air Force, Coast guard, Navy, Marines it makes no differance. If you volunteer in time of war expect to get deployed.

We have Air Force truck drivers manning .50 cals doing convoy duty for the Army.

I guess I can say that. I have been in the USAF for 23 years and counting.
Yr. Obed't Serv't,

David H. Thomas
42 WLA
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/42WLA/
<<

sleeper

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:28 am

And soldiers that are helping guard the mex/US borders & they can do nothing ??? Just a presence .... WTH ??
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:50 am

Billy...type in something to the extent of something like "Mex Text Books Donated To U.S. Schools" in a search engine. What a surprise in store !! Pa
<<

sleeper

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:12 am

maybe when I find time Pa.
<<

nationalzjug

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:08 am

welcoming

Fab, poverty forces many,recruiters prey on the underpriveleged in schools...the parents who can afford it send thier kids to college(that's where your little officers come from,) I believe that they join th military and ROTC because of the promise of being in charge of others(power and control)....now, back to the subject....these soldiers don't need the humiliation that the Viet Nam vets got...welcome them home...peace,Paul
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:51 am

Easy on the toes ! Toe stepping leads to political content. Pa
<<

nationalzjug

Post Mon May 21, 2007 4:23 pm

wecome home boys

Pa, my objective is peace, not politics...Paul

Return to Dear Blabby