FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

flat R/H to shovel L/H?

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Chris Haynes

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:19 pm

Sputhe makes four cam cases for Shovels and Evos.
<<

panic

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:57 pm

rather then being angled

Well, the tappets are closer to being under the rocker ends, but after that it's worse. The shovel rocker valve levers are all fixed to be more or less 90 degrees to the rocker shaft axis at 50% lift (very common), but the pushrod levers are all cranked over (clicked) too much to align with the single cam, and - bad as they were - they will be even worse when the pushrod runs down.

I've mentioned many, many times how to deal with this, but it's another one of those topics that receive one of the following responses:
1. (my favorite) dead silence
2. "everyone already knows that", followed by a description taken from the service manual of how to adjust a pushrod
3. "you're completely wrong", followed by a description taken from the service manual of how to adjust a pushrod
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:00 pm

Just so it doesn't disapear

Panic said,

rather then being angled

Well, the tappets are closer to being under the rocker ends, but after that it's worse. The shovel rocker valve levers are all fixed to be more or less 90 degrees to the rocker shaft axis at 50% lift (very common), but the pushrod levers are all cranked over (clicked) too much to align with the single cam, and - bad as they were - they will be even worse when the pushrod runs down.

I've mentioned many, many times how to deal with this, but it's another one of those topics that receive one of the following responses:
1. (my favorite) dead silence
2. "everyone already knows that", followed by a description taken from the service manual of how to adjust a pushrod
3. "you're completely wrong", followed by a description taken from the service manual of how to adjust a pushrod
Previous

Return to Morthodites-"Non Factory"