FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New to the site........pics

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

VaChop46

Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:44 am

New to the site........pics

Hi all, long time lurker. Finally finished up a basket case UL I picked up about 4 years ago. Not to much original here, cept the Heart of the beast. Sourced most of the parts from swap meets, used parts stashes and anywhere else I could find stuff to work. About the only thing new is the tranny.

Thats all folks......

BTW- How about that beautiful KRYLON paint job.

I'm all about the cheap
<<

Plumber

Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:17 am

Welcome. Nice build. There's something about making a collection of parts that you sourced and built and made run, that makes it a cut above buying a factoy built motorcycle.
Krylon is a highly revered paint finish on this site, as it's one of the few paints left around that you can breathe while your painting and not have it kill you a few years later.
I personally am not too impressed with any parts n.o.s. or used OEM, being that they're too reliable and way too predictable. Not enough problems involved with OEM stuff for my liking. It's pretty and it works as designed..... but that's about it.
I am interested in that "new" transmission though. Is that a 4-speed? Where'd ya' get it? Any problems you had to fix? How'd you fix it?
<<

VaChop46

Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:05 pm

Trans.

The trans is a 4 speed. Bought it from CCI. No problems yet.... But then again have'nt really put many mile on it, but seems to shift good just riding around the neighborhood. Just finished the build on Saturday morning, spending today trying to get it dialed in. Still alittle hard to get it to fire right away, WWwwaaaayy to many kicks involved. Can definately tell I'm not as young as I used to be.
<<

Plumber

Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:56 pm

Neeyaaa...CCI, you probably won't have any problems. V-Twin trannys are another kettle of fish though.
Thanks for the up to date info. Let us know how it rolls. We like problems here.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:33 pm

Sharp lookin ride !! Pa
<<

ozihotrod

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:34 am

:D ya way cool bike ,time well spent ,ENJOY
" The more I learn the less I know"
<<

VaChop46

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:27 pm

Thanks......

Appreciate the comments.

As to the cars. The Blue one is Actually a 1952 Dodge Coronet. Its built as a complete daily driver, Subframed,disc brakes and Mopar small Block drivetrain. Nothing to hot performance wise. just a good runner.

The 1953 Chevy is getting a complete Corvette undercarriage (wreck) including the independent rear suspension. I'm shooting for at least 400hp outta the small block backed up by the 6 speed tranny. But the exterior on the car is going to be straight outta the late 50's. Slammed, chopped and channelled, fender skirts and visor. I want it to look like a throwback to those days, but with the capability to run on the highway like a modern car.

Glad ya'll like em.
<<

greybeard52

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:52 am

Welcome, VA. Nice bike, VERY nice bike. Minamalist, I love it! G 8)
<<

VaChop46

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:50 am

Clutch Lever

Nope no LaBriola pedal there. That is the stock Shifter pedal converted to a Clutch Pedal. I just ran an arm back to the trans, its definately suicide. You do have to lift your foot to push the pedal down and there is no rocker design with it. Its either on or off. But its the way I've always seen it done and after riding it awhile I've gotten used to it. Guess as with anything else, with practice it's getting easier. Still gotta pay attention, cause its alot easier to find Neutral before stopping. LOL. Thanks for looking.

BTW-Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
<<

Frankenstein

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:37 am

VaChop46, Got to say I do like that bike. I've always liked a BTSV with a custom tank, so you can look down and see those massive aluminum heads. As for the clutch, hey, wouldn't be near as much fun if anybody could do it. I teach the MSF courses up here in NYS, and I always enjoy the responses from the hand clutch set when I ride demos with my "suicide" setups. This would be the "experienced" course, where everyone rides their own machines, including instructors.
Merry Christmas all,
Dr. Ho Ho, Dick

Return to Morthodites-"Non Factory"