FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My Four Year Project

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

nationalzjug

Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:48 pm

knuck

8) Nice build Zoom, it's amazing what a guy can do by bolting all the right parts together....I'd say because it's an 82" motor it's more FL than EL,but WOW.....I just went through the title process in Minnesota and they had a cop there in case they needed to arrest me...and I had original cases with HD numbers....they wanted to know where all the other numbers were...I weaseled out with no reciepts,except the motor work which I found: got a title now, cost me $500 and a 300 mile trip....worth it I'd say.....my 2 cents...the Harley dealer will sell you any emblems you want, exactly where do they think you're gonna put them? I don't think they care if you put them on a Honda as long as they can get some more money out of you....Harley-Davidson is not in the motorcycle business,they are in the MONEY business....Sorry,Willie....peace,Paul
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:09 pm

Hey fellas !!! Check out the topic over on JKEs' sight ! Click on the link below to go there. I enjoyed the story very much but I posted this here because of some of the storys' content kind of deals with the fear of the tank decals on this bike. Interesting to say the least. Pa

http://knucklenutz.com/tech/viewtopic.php?t=632
<<

47knuck

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:45 pm

ZoomingM3: Good looking ride. Thanks for the update and this one was worth the wait. I like the persistance and drive you have to get this done. The color is great and I would like to hear from you on the 18 inch wheels. We might try the same on our ULH. Again thanks for the pictures they are very nice. :)
Steve H
<<

Plumber

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:54 pm

Hey fellas !!! Check out the topic over on JKEs' sight ! Click on the link below to go there. I enjoyed the story very much but I posted this here because of some of the storys' content kind of deals with the fear of the tank decals on this bike. Interesting to say the least. Pa

http://knucklenutz.com/tech/viewtopic.php?t=632

I never found that topic. The one you posted takes you to a Muskie fishing expedition. There was no heading for kit build regulations. Next time.....copy the url from the page your looking at and paste it here on your post. Then, all we have to do is click on your highlighted url, and it takes us right to it.
Thank yew :!: 8)
<<

Limey_Dave

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:57 am

[quote=

http://knucklenutz.com/tech/viewtopic.php?t=632[/quote]
I never found that topic. The one you posted takes you to a Muskie fishing expedition. There was no heading for kit build regulations. Next time.....copy the url from the page your looking at and paste it here on your post. Then, all we have to do is click on your highlighted url, and it takes us right to it.
Thank yew :!: 8)[/quote]

I think Pa may have been refering to mention of Harley Davidson decal on outboard motor. :wink:
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:25 am

Yep ! The decal. :) Pa
<<

Plumber

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:50 pm

I bit hard...ran.... out a lot of line. Hooked good :!:
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:25 pm

What's your take on that boat motor decal Plumber ? Did you notice who was in the boat ? Pa
<<

Plumber

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:32 am

I have a Delta® bench drill press. I had an extra Hilti ® sticker laying around. I removed the Delta sticker and put the Hilti sticker on the drill press. I did such a flawless fake, that once in awhile, someone will ask, "I didn't know Hilti made drill presses ?" :wink:
I think this Musky wrangler feels so secure about the performance of his outboard, that it has the dependability of a Harley-Davidson®, and he stickered it so.
Or, considering who the actual fisherman is...I'd presume that the outboard is a X stamped crankcase made up in the skull & bones deptartment, and all they told him "Go!"... so he's out there wear-testing the proto-type.
Did you notice who was in the boat ?

"Musky's in da' boat -brah..."
http://knucklenutz.com/tech/viewtopic.php?t=632[/b]
<<

ZoomingM3

Post Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:06 am

I'm pleased to announce the final step in completing my bike is done. Earlier this week I received my PA Title (Special Construction) and License Plate. The process took less time then I thought, only four weeks. Now it's time to enjoy the bike, I'd take it out today if it wasn't for the 15 degree weather and 8" of snow on the ground.
Last edited by ZoomingM3 on Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Curt!

Post Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:22 am

Zoom
That's good to hear. Hopefully Winter will leave us and Spring will arrive soon.
Curt!
<<

Plumber

Post Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:33 am

Sounds good :!: We'd like to see pix of the replica '36 at some m/c meets this spring and summer. Kit bikes are a signature you just can't buy off a showroom floor.
<<

ZoomingM3

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Re: My Four Year Project

It's been awhile since I last visited the forum so I thought I'd revive my old post. I took the bike out for a ride today and she ran great. I haven't made many changes/additions since she was completed but I did add the correct fishtail muffler and pair of riding lights.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Re: My Four Year Project

5 years is quite a while Bro. LOL Pa
Previous

Return to Talk To Us