FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Be the first to buy 1 of 20 NEW REVOLUTIONARY HD FATBOYS

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

krazy loop

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:27 pm

You mean sort of like the Showa front ends (1974) and Keihn (1976) carbs on mid 70s Superglides? Guess what part of Japan those were made in 30 years ago and more. When I wrote the factory about those items along about 1976 I got a nice letter back about how those were better parts, lasted longer, and gave better performance--thus were a great improvement--all for less cost.

We should also ask Plumber to find out if Tedd's real name is Teddasaki or Tedd Wong Kong. Maybe it's Tedd Chavez.
New Knuckleheads? Thank, you, Jesus!!
<<

Curt!

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:11 pm

The Brazilian plant is making bikes for sale in South America only. The hoopla over it was a couple years ago when it was announced, so I might be a little rusty on what I remember about the project. Brazil has huge import duties on gasoline powered vehicles. The only way HD could sell a bike in Brazil was to build them down there. They felt there was a big enough market to justify the expense. It's my understanding that the parts are still made here, and wherever HD parts are manufactured, and the bikes are assembled in Brazil.
I read somewhere that part of the deal to open Harley dealerships in China was to use chinese companies to manufacture some parts. I really don't see the Chinese dealerships being terribly successsful because bikes larger than 250cc are not allowed in bigger cities, and are barred from many roads. China would have to embrace the big bike concept before HD could make it in Bejing.
We are living in a world economy. Get used to it.
Curt!
<<

Curt!

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:59 pm

Kansas City is a union shop.
Curt!
<<

Curt!

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:18 am

I haven't heard anything about a new facility in Kansas. For the most part,this state is non-union outside the metro areas.

I couldn't edit my post earlier, but I wanted to add that There isn't a plant in Kansas, now. The plant is in Kansas City, Missouri. I really haven't read much about the wages and benefits at the plant, but nearly everything in KCMO is union. I know the cost of living is quite a bit less there than in Milwaukee.
I had read something a couple years ago that the wage and benefit package for new hires amounted to 55.00 an hour. I would consider that to be a good wage.
Curt!

Return to Shoot The Bull