FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Stroker flywheels available to Canada, Europe, Pacific

Moderator: Curt!

<<

panic

Post Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:51 am

Stroker flywheels available to Canada, Europe, Pacific

I can now ship stroker flywheels to most foreign countries. Sorry, the freight charges are painful. Take a look: http://victorylibrary.com/stroker-flywheels.htm
<<

MarkBranst

Post Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:30 pm

Panic,

I've always wondered ... If there is enough of a market for you to sell stroker flywheels (and I assume its more than a few sets), why is there no market for someone to commercially produce appropriate matching Big Twin pistons? Your own literature implies that it is an easy process to modify existing pistons ... Why not market a real product? No offense implied ... really would like to know.

Mark
Last edited by MarkBranst on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:42 pm

Panic
There sure ought to be some Scout wheels with Chief stroke in that collection. I hate taper adapters and stepped pinion shafts.
Dusty
<<

Limey_Dave

Post Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:38 am

MarkBranst wrote:Panic,

I've always wondered ... If there is enough of a market for you to sell stroker flywheels (and I assume its more than a few sets), why is there no market for someone to commercially produce appropriate matching pistons? Your own literature implies that it is an easy process to modify existing pistons ... Why not market a real product? No offense implied ... really would like to know.

Mark

He does and they do for 45's.Click above link then click on 45 flywheels and scroll down.
<<

Limey_Dave

Post Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:41 am

Panick

Do you intend shiping pistons to Europe in the future?
<<

MarkBranst

Post Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:04 am

Limey,

Sorry, talking about Big Twin flathead stroker pistons ...

Mark
<<

redromad

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: Stroker flywheels available to Canada, Europe, Pacific

Is there any thought to VL stroker flywheels? I would be interested in that.

Red
<<

panic

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:45 am

Re: Stroker flywheels available to Canada, Europe, Pacific

Steve Slocum has an exclusive on VL flywheels as far as I know.

On the UL - same as any other product: "why doesn't someone make a DOHC conversion for my 1926 Hupmobile?" - just not enough volume.
Why not market a real product? Because of the enormous start-up cost, long production delays, huge initial inventory.
Try it: find $10,000 you don't need for a few years, and commission someone you don't know to accurately duplicate a design they cannot see (no sample available), buy 400 pieces (50 sets of 1 pair each in std., +.020, +.040 etc.). Remember - that's just for 1 stroke length. Which one do you make (and have people ask "why don't you make...?").
Now wait a few years to even get your investment back, and hope that your manufacturer doesn't decide to make them for another customer in China, who will sell them cheaper and kill you....

As to the next question: no, aside from the Corvair replicas there isn't anything else.
Don't want to be rude, but I invented this stuff in 1978 (before S&S, before Truett - I had to design it for both of them) and I've spent many, many hours on this (despite the always-welcome comments that I "just come here to steal our ideas and sell them").

I ship pistons to wherever already - I just can't take money orders.
My bank now requires me to come in, personally, and fill out several lengthy forms (which they do not understand) to present each money order for collection at a clearing house, and pay about $10. each (may be more, they haven't cleared yet), and it takes 30 days to clear.

Return to Services Offered-FHP can offer you engine Dyno service. Contact us for more information