As follow-up to my May 2006 Announcement “An Engine Build Worth Sharing” I’ve finally completed my attempt to recreate a 1936 EL. If you read my earlier post you know I ran into unforeseen problems with the original motor build, for details, please refer to the above mentioned Announcement. I have to admit, the time and effort it took to complete the bike was much more then I originally planned. In the process of constructing this bike I ran into many challenges, the biggest being an ill performing 92” motor purchased back in 2001. With the help of Doug at FHP I now have a new 82” motor that both looks and runs great. I’ve only ridden the bike a few times since I completed the reassembly but I’m pleased to say it started right up and ran strong. Doug thanks again for your support and standing behind your product(s). For those of you who are interested to see how the bike turned out, I’ve attached a few photos.