FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

size of page

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

jib

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:00 pm

size of page

hi whats going on with the page sizes ,sometimes they fit the screen and other times they are really wide and cant be read without havint to scroll across ,then back and soforth. oh and excellant forum while im at it.regards jib
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:22 pm

Size is usually determined by a pic that has been posted. Big pic equals wide page. Pa
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:31 pm

PA,
I find extra wide text without pictures
<<

jib

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:25 am

pa ,does that mean that if there is loads of writing in a post ,then some one throws in a picture later the writing will go out to the edge of the increased screen width. wasnt there a picture size limit once upon a time. regards jib
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:34 am

jib,
The requested image size limit is over at Iron Motors Tech. 640 x 480 pixels will give an image that has enough size and definition to be acceptable without messing wit existing posted text and images.By the way I see that the little new post light bulb is back. Thanks Doug / Pa !
JKE
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:12 am

Because of the software, a pic on any posted page before or after any related page effects the width of the pages in the whole post, whether the before or after pages have any pics on them or not. No...we don't have a pic size limit. One reason we don't, is for clarity purposes. A member may need to post a high resolution pic so other members can see it more clearly. Hopefully the membership will resize pics that are not necessarily needed in high resolution. If I run across a pic that is wider than a page is long I will have to remove it. I hate scrolling left to right and vise versa too. It is a pain when trying to scroll down along with it. One solution to such large pics could be links instead of instant visual. Maybe we do need a size limit ??

Yeah John.....I like those too ! Every once in a while though, they disappear again and return soon after. I don't have answer as to why though. Pa

Return to Shoot The Bull