My Magnum engine is near completion and I thought I'd post a few pix before it's fully buttoned up and painted. I still have to do the oil feed to the rockers and Zed the breather valve, (tommorrows work). The generator has been converted to 12 volt (utilizing Dr Dick's sagely advice) but not yet shimmed in place although the cams are all shimmed and turn freely in unison. The small details seem to take forever. I'm going to fit the timer but it will have an electronic optical ignition system fitted and will manually advance with a lever on the throttle side.
The 3rd picture in the series shows the relief work required to fit the tappet guides in place. There is also some clearancing of the fins to fit and align the pushrod tubes.
The 4th and 5th images illustrate some of the mods on the pistons. Although I'd planned this thing using as much foresight as possible the piston lightening was done after assembly of the bottom end as I didn't like the notion of the 1/2" crown thickness. We live and we learn.