Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Services Sought Aluminum head refurbishing

Aluminum head refurbishing

Looking for that special work on your bike or engine and can't remember who does it? Inquire here, maybe someone can help you. Same rules apply as Services Offered.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:24 am

I have a set of k heads that will need some cracks welded, probably plug inserts and a gasket surface mill cut.(assuming that is needed after welding)

Who or where can I get this done?

Aries51 (AKA Graybeard)

"Get on your bad motor scooter and ride"-Sammy Hagar

Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:27 am

Try Creekside welding at or Head Hog at
Tom, at Creekside does my aluminum work and does an excellent job, but I have also heard great things about Head Hog.
Best to call and talk to both of them.

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:27 pm

I had a long conversation last Sunday with Don at Head Hog. He returned my call on a Sunday so that alone shows he cares. Anyways.......he is a wealth of knowledge with regards to metallurgy and the welding of exotic materials and dissimilar metals. I was very impressed and sent him a 1930 engine case to repair. If anyone cares I will report back how it comes out. In the mean time, he too has several examples of his work on his website.

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:00 am

Got the engine case back a couple of weeks ago and was impressed with Don's work. A little more than what he quoted, but good work nonetheless. I'm sure he'd be more challanged with something you described than just filling and re-tapping a small hole as in my case, but I'm planning on sending him more work in the near future.

Return to Services Sought