FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2000 E-Glide throttle cable

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

George Greer

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:49 pm

2000 E-Glide throttle cable

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know if there's a Service Manual for throttle cable routing or if there's a Tech Paper (recall) for insuring that the cable is routed properly at the throttle on the handlebars?

Reason I am asking; My 2000 E-Glide Ultra-Classic has broken 2 throttle cables since I got it.

The last time it broke, I was on my way to the European Bike Week in Villach Austria.....bad part was I was in the longest tunnel between Germany and Austria........that really sucks...

It looked like the cable was mis-routed from the factory in the beginning, theres a metal clip/bracket that's supposed to keep the switch housing wiring secure........I re-done that and it seems to be working OK...

I was just curious if any body else has this problem.

Oh yea........keep a pair of medium sized hemostats in your tool bags.. I figured that the rest of the cable can come out of the housing, clamp on the hemostats to it and it will function as a throttle crude ...yes, but it works.....once I was thru all the gears and at speed....just hit cruse control..

George
<<

Plumber

Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:41 pm

1. The last time it broke, I was on my way to the European Bike Week in Villach Austria.....bad part was I was in the longest tunnel between Germany and Austria........that really sucks...
2. Oh yea........keep a pair of medium sized hemostats in your tool bags.. I figured that the rest of the cable can come out of the housing, clamp on the hemostats to it and it will function as a throttle crude ...yes, but it works

---------------
1. Holy...@!~ƒ'in crap :!:
2. Good advise.

Return to Twin Cams