FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Nosecone Knuckle

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

bludragonfyr

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:38 am

Nosecone Knuckle

I'm thinkng about making a big bore nosecone knuckle with a 4 3/4" stroke, using 8" rods and longer jugs. I'd also like to update the oiling system from the heads down to facilitate wheel / cylinder oiling aka shovel. A unique, long piston life big bore stroker. Whatd'ya think?

I've kinda wondered why someone hasn't offered a reproduction knuckle head cast in aluminum? It would make the engine run a bit cooler and provide a bit better balance to the bike.

What machining would be necessary to use shovel gaskets and cylinder and get the oiling right up thru the heads and back down to the cases? I'm thinking maybe Axtel cylinders w/ external return lines.

It would need probably custom pushrods / tubes.

Any other thoughts here?

bdf
REAL BIKERS CHOP THEIR OWN
<<

Admin

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:08 pm

bludragonfyr, we already have a case machined for just that purpose, i just haven't had time to fool with it. it's a brand new nose cone shovel case that is machined internally to accept the knuckle tappet blocks and breather gear. it will function the same way a standard knuckle does. with standard 8.5" wheels and standard rods, you can get 98" with the 3 5/8" bore or 109" with our 3 13/16" cylinders. the engine will only be about 1/8" taller than stock and will use stock pushrods. there are all sorts of possibilities.
<<

bludragonfyr

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:00 pm

It's great what you are doing. I understan why. Pistons don't last too long with that set up. 8' rods and taller cylinders with stock length pistons is the only way to go in my book. That's why I brought it up. I have plenty of room in my frame for the modified engine. Thanks for the previous response.
REAL BIKERS CHOP THEIR OWN

Return to Morthodites-"Non Factory"