john HD

Post Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:56 am

yippie! panheads!

yippie!

panheads!

<<

Tim 435

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:21 pm

Hey John your red Pan is a real beauty, I like it ! I have a '50 in about the same dress but blue, been sitting for a couple of years, just getting it roadworthy again. Are those called pom pom guns in the backdrop? my dad was on those on a Navy Destroyer WW11. later, Tim
<<

krazy loop

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:45 pm

Those look like quad 50s.
New Knuckleheads? Thank, you, Jesus!!
<<

Tim 435

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:06 am

Could be 50's Krazy Loop, just talked to pop about them, he said they called them pom pom guns because of the sound they made, the ones he had training on were 40 mm, may have had 50's later..
<<

MarkBranst

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:17 am

Not a military expert, but those guns look like quad-.50 cal to me ... I always thought pom-pom guns were named after the way they looked when they were fired .. the left bank would expand and contract, and the right bank would then expand and contract, as the fired, creating a visual effect, like a cheerleader with pom-poms ... But I may be completely wrong. Also, I think pom-pom guns would have been 20 mm or 40 mm.

Mark
<<

john HD

Post Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:12 pm

they are a set of quad .50's.

the picture was taken in the parking lot of the VFW in Dane Wisconsin. i just thought it was a cool place to snap the shot!

john
<<

charlie

Post Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:08 am

This is the one that the state of PA wouldn't let me register as an antique.
They said it needs to be restored!

[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/charliechitlins/DSCN1231.jpg[/img][/img]
<<

amklyde

Post Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:22 pm

I hope you told the yahoo that told you that to restore his head back up his ass where it belongs, so when he runs his mouth nobody can hear him. Nice Machine.
<<

mbskeam

Post Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:45 pm

charlie......

read your state laws real close as I bet it dont say anything about it having to be restored, perfect paint, no scratches from normal use....etc.
and if you find the info go in ARMED with the laws to let the boneheads know, that you are not going to lie down and take there govt. crap.
remember most state employes are there because they would not cut it anyplace else, especally the DMV, I think that all states have this same problem, these are the ones that scored lowest on the civil service test.....LOL

make them show you the law, statute, or whatever little book he is getting his info from.

it makes them crazy when they tell you something and you say "okay show me this in writing"

mbskeam

can you tell I dont like lazy dead ASS state employes that suck up the pay with my/your TAXES

oh by the way .......nice bike
"life is hard......it's harder if you're stupid"
http://www.geocities.com/mbskeam/
<<

john HD

Post Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:34 am

what a nice bike i wouldn't change a thing!

i wish mine was that complete when i found it. save alot of time hunting down original parts...then again thats half the fun owning one.

john
<<

Tim 435

Post Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:58 am

Now thats the way I remember Harleys as a kid, hey Charlie did they tell you exactly which part needs to be restored and why ? Tim
Vintage roadracing, Class C, AHRMA # 335
<<

charlie

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:43 pm

Tim 435 wrote:Now thats the way I remember Harleys as a kid, hey Charlie did they tell you exactly which part needs to be restored and why ? Tim

I went through one of those auto tag places...PA is weird...storefront tags...anyway, the chick called and said they sent back the photos with some circles around things that needed to be fixed, She mentioned a saddlebag (scratched from falling off on a 10mph uphill hairpin in WVa), and they circled spots where the paint is off the tanks...suggesting that they be repainted (YIKES!).
I've been out of town, so I'll pick the stuff up Monday.
If worst comes to worst, I'll just register it normally.
The antique tags are cool, though, because it's a one-shot deal (no annual renewals) and no inspection.
<<

charlie

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:50 pm

By the way...here's the other side.

I guess I should mention that I got this for $3000 around 1991.
That was a good deal, but not a mind-blower.
Times changed fast.
<<

Tim 435

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:11 am

Don't blame you for being highly P-O'd, they shouldn't have the authority to judge an antique by its paint, Especially if the paint looks original. I'd be inclined to publicize the incident and embarrass the idiots..
Vintage roadracing, Class C, AHRMA # 335
<<

mbskeam

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:31 pm

really, you need them to show you under who's athoraty does it say the bike must be perfect. and if they like photos, well there is always photoshop, fix those scratches and flaws just like new........ :D :D :D

what a dumb skunt.
tell her you will repaint, if she looses 50 pounds :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

mbskeam
<<

knubbins

Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:18 am

agree but

thats the stupidst thing ive ever heard a dmv person has ever said. how ever the dumass remark about her losin 50 lbs isnot very nice the last time some dumb ass said something like that to my ol lady i spent45 days in th poky and paid out 6g for hospital bills and got a restraing order on my ass its all fun and games writing stuff like that but dont forget hurting somones feelings can get u hurt.. just dont forget yerself an get cocky an tell them that in real time
<<

HAWKEYE

Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:31 pm

Take your request to a different DMV office. This one seems to have a slight case of the "dumassitis". You might find a more knowledgeable agent at a different one. Take the state law sections for support.
HAWK
<<

mbskeam

Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:59 pm

hhmmmm......

dont forget hurting somones feelings can get u hurt.. just dont forget yerself an get cocky an tell them that in real time

but hurting my Pans feelings is way worse.....

"unleash the dogs of war"....LOL

but if someone is incompetent at the PUBLIC service job they hold,
I WILL TELL THEM WHAT I THINK about there sucky way of doing it.
if they held a private sector job and did this sort of pisspoor work they would be hitting the bricks.......

mbskeam

Return to Pans