Here are a couple of shots of the modified oil pump. Basically plugging the original return passage and drilling out for the new one.
Try this link if you don't see pics.
Here's a shot of the camcover gasket area, showing the 2 drillings made to get oil to the big end:
This shows the mods to the Camcover. 1 hole and a little weld added to get a bigger pad for better sealing.
And here's a shot of the Sportster mainshaft and main bearing. Because I'm using Sporty stroker wheels it was no big deal to use the mainshaft.
Just thought some of you might be interested in seeing some of the actual metal, instead of just drawings. If I did it again, I'd just use an external line from the pump to the oil gallery in the camcover. This way was a bit tough to seal at first, but hasn't given any trouble.
And I did make one other change this time. I switched to black silicone seal so it won't show up so boldly in the photos!!!. (I did a final cleanup be fore ass'y, so all the bits of orange didn't stay in the engine!!)