Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Servi-Cars Servicar wheels

Servicar wheels

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:40 am

Anyone out there know who was the oem manufacturer for juice rear servicar wheels? I 've run both Volvo 15" and Ford, but i reccon the motor factory got hold of just a standard type wheel from someone.
Regards Swapman

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:32 am

i may be wrong but i believe it was kelsy hayes

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:51 am

Thanks for the reply.
Kelsey Hayes sounds likely, but I doubt theese wheels were specially made for the small amount Harley servicars represent, maybe 3.000 pairs each year or something.. Could the centers come from an automobile? Which, in that case? I know someone claimed a surplus from 2WD Willys....

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:07 pm

the master cylinder and the brake cylinders matched willys too.

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:33 pm

I have always through maybe early Willys rims, however if there is an automotive or jeep match they would be just as hard to find or as expensive as servi wheels.

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:01 pm

If you can find a set of 16" HENRY J wheels,they are exact,I was at an auction one time and could of bought a set of wheels;they were 15" ,bummer. BREWSKI

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:13 pm

Willy's used to make cars too.. (I'm sure you all already knew that)

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi guys new member, the willys overland cj2 is the same brake system, im told as servi car. I have a 58G, i found a jeep source for the wheel cylinders and master cylinders cheap, He has wheels but the center looks huge. Does anyone know if they are 3 quarter or 1 inch wheel cylinders in rear wheels ?. The wheels may fit, center was over 4in. Wac :idea: lks four wheel drive cheap looks same as servi car. Im on a budget after painting the servi Thanks Mad Brad

Return to Servi-Cars