FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Milling K Head.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

fantomen

Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:29 pm

Milling K Head.

There is a chip missing in one of my k heads and i will fill it in. Then ,of course, I need to mill it straight again. So my thoughts go to the drawings in the KR tec sheets at http://www.ironharley.com/KR-XLRtech.htm (Page 9) That head got another shape then my K-head.

Should I do that modification or not ? I need help to decide her buddies. Im building my WL-bottom –Ktopp just for speed and fun and not for durability at all. If it doesn’t explode there is more power in there :twisted:
Nows the time to do that mod. Question is if it is worth it.

I did a little something in Photoshop just to se the diferense between the two.

Questions comments pleas.

<<

100incscoot

Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:15 am

they would if you made a pair of cone shaped centering bolts to line them up every time
<<

panic

Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:31 am

It would be only a happy coincidence if any 2 of the head bolts accurately located the chamber exactly where you want it, but it can't hurt to try. I move the head around until I like it, then dowel it in 2 places. Sometimes you even have to elongate a bolt hole...
However: this is street motor with a 45 lower end. Don't bother - won't do anything good unless it's perfect, and then only at an engine speed not safe for your rods.
I would instead concentrate on making your quench distance accurate.

Return to K-Models