Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Big Twin Flatties UL stroker pistons

UL stroker pistons

Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:05 pm

kind of off beat from your question but lightly realivent

i sold a NOS set of ul pistons and rings this week on ebay and was amazed they only brought $26 for the pair
hopefully theres a larger market for stroker ones

Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:02 pm

SSV, I'm interested, register and let's talk.
Graham

Post Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:20 am

Thanks for the respone so far.
Panic, the more pistons, the cheaper they are. I heard this from the maufacturer. This already works for 4, 6, or 8 pistons.

Graham, I just registered, maybe we can work something out and see if it's worth wile to join forces.

Regards,

Robert

Post Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:43 pm

Robert, thanks...great handle (wish I'd thought of it) I've been planing and stocking up on parts to build a couple of BIG flatheads. Have you got any specs. on the piston design at this point, also what rod length did you figure on using?
Graham

Post Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:04 pm

I've been kickin around and collectin parts for 2- 4 1/2 inch stroke big flatty engines with 7 1/2 rods. I've got 13 fin cyls, but the rears need sleevin and the fronts are .030-.040 over 74. I was just gonna use 74 pistons from Panic. I also got a stock 37 with stock wheels and a set of overbored 11 fins to throw together. These are waiting for some "spare time" or retirement in a few years. but if cheap pistons come up I'd snag em now.

Post Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:03 pm

Robert, got any details yet????
Graham

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:33 pm

Graham,

Give me one or two weeks. i'm working out all the details and get back to you with an e-mail in which I will put all I got so far.

Panic,
Having someone asking critical questions is always good, it keeps you sharp! As far as I can see it, I can work out 99% of the details.

To be continued......

Robert

Return to Big Twin Flatties