Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

sleeper

Post Mon May 30, 2005 9:24 pm

Jim- certainly a "double-look" softail Image

DC-
I like your outlook about others critiquing
your ideas & machines..

Admittedly,I need to apply some of that into my thick head(glad U posted that)Thanks man!

------------------
Billy
<<

Fatdog Vintage Salvage

Post Mon May 30, 2005 10:23 pm

I wouldn't change a thing except loose the bitch pad and go! I think the stock seat is fine the extra pad is the heavy one. I remember this project when it was a set of grenaded cases. You are to be commended and worshiped! I am not worthy! http://img246.echo.cx/my.php?image=flatboy7wj.png

------------------
http://www.fatdogvintagesalvage.com/

[This message has been edited by Fatdog Vintage Salvage (edited 30 May 2005).]
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Tue May 31, 2005 12:00 am

JIm,
Like Fat Dog, I've been following your odessey since you first linked images to this site. We share the combination of new & old. I desired an electric leg for my chosen motor ( Knucklehaed ) over ten years ago. The build was a long drawn out affair. It is very difficult to tastefully blend the new with the old and still have a practical and aesthetically pleasing combination. Mention was made of combining a 16 inch wheel with the softail springer. You said that you thought that you might combine the two along with a Fatboy fender. I did so with Terrapin. Image In retrospect I would admit that It "aint right ". Had I been a little more critical, the angle of the mount would have been more complimentary to the lines of the springer and the frame. Enough about me ! Great effort JIm. JKE

------------------
Smoke 'em till the wheels fall off!
<<

JIm

Post Tue May 31, 2005 1:17 am

Well thats the wrong login. It must be mental pause. This isn't the music site. I guess I'll have to post pictures of the guitars I make next.

Jim

[This message has been edited by JIm (edited 31 May 2005).]
<<

h.d.ryder

Post Tue May 31, 2005 2:52 am

Great job, Jim. You are an expert craftsman.
Larry
Previous

Return to Big Twin Flatties