Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions General Whatever-Technical Civilian XA !

Civilian XA !

Pretty much anything not covered by the topics above. Short lived production bikes or vehicles, Electrical, Tires, Paint, Brakes, etc. Use this for tech questions, and "Shoot the Bull" for general conversation, no tech.
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:17 pm

Cool, check it out: a civilian XA. This is a period photo. I don't believe it came from the factory, probably some guy who set it up this way. I usually think XA models are butt ugly but this one is really nice.

------------------
Eric :: Knk45
www.beautyofspeed.com
A state of the art power quest

Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:22 pm
Kick Ass! hard to tell but it looks like a std solo 45" front end with laced in drum on 16". Probably to get the low rider effect! Weird horn too. but what a cool find. Love the rollup windshield!

Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:44 pm

I enlarged the photo and it looks like a correct X-A springer to me...I have one on my scoot...Can you get any more info on the photo? Geezer

Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:34 pm

Sorry Conan, don't have the photo a larger version of the photo. Just save it from this board.

Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:37 pm

Hey Conan, Just took a tour of your site.. Very nice...Your X-A...Those forks look a little long...Or is it just my eyes...Looks like it's gonna be a nice ride...Geezer

Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:09 pm

The photo is up for grabs on eBay if anyone wants it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=724781931&rd=1

------------------
Eric :: Knk45
www.beautyofspeed.com
A state of the art power quest

Post Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:26 pm

Some one told me ( I cant Remember who) that after the war Harley started to buy back the XA spares so that the could market the XA as a civilian Bike, then lost interest in the project. maybe this is one of their prototypes??

Post Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:02 am
Factory environment? i don't think they would have a Knight's Armour and Jousting staff at the Juneau Ave. plant Conan. Take a closer look! FatDog

Post Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:20 pm
Clack Gable's trophy room?

Check out cool stuff at... www.fatdogvintagesalvage.com

Return to General Whatever-Technical