Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions General Whatever-Technical Cable Routing

Cable Routing

Pretty much anything not covered by the topics above. Short lived production bikes or vehicles, Electrical, Tires, Paint, Brakes, etc. Use this for tech questions, and "Shoot the Bull" for general conversation, no tech.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:46 am

I've got a set of original two piece buckhorn handlebars on a "64" Pan. My question is. Do I route the throttle/timer
cables on the front side of the upper triple tree or do I route the cables through the slot in the top of the tree? I presently route the cables on the front side because the slot looks as though it would cause to sharp a turn. Im not happy with the throttle action now as the path the cable takes down to the carb involves a lot of turns and gives
a bit more friction then I care for.I've isolated the friction down to the piano wire in the cable housingand it's not a lube issue.
While I'm at it, I'd like to swap out the buckhorns for a set of speedster bars if anyone has a set for sale.

Return to General Whatever-Technical