Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Services Sought Idea of cost to rebuild cylinders

Idea of cost to rebuild cylinders

Looking for that special work on your bike or engine and can't remember who does it? Inquire here, maybe someone can help you. Same rules apply as Services Offered.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:38 pm

i have a set of 80 inch, 13 fin ULH cylinders that are already punched 80 over. for some reason i don't quite understand yet (im thinking bent rod myself) i had the oil ring come apart on the front cylinder and it destroyed the wall.

how much would you charge to take the cylinders, sleeve them, hard coat them, fit a new set of pistons, fit the rings, relieve the chamber for some better flow, valves, valve guides, valve seats, and new valve springs (heaver than stock i hope). keep in mind that on the front cylinder there is a 1/4 inch hole drilled into the skirt for a failed oil injector that would have to be welded before you can sleeve it. also i intend on having KNS regrind the cams for me, thus the desire to have the chamber reshaped a bit.

i don't intend on putting the injector back on it so it can stay closed. instead i intend on having the baffles welded back into the cases

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:44 pm
Pa Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:18 pm

hey Pa ! your url post goes nowhere .

Not Found

The requested URL /US/FlatHeadPowerFrameSet.htm was not found on this server.

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:42 pm
Pa Site Admin

The link used to work. Try using this form.

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:48 pm

The OP was from 2007.
I think these days the answer would come back as "fit these"

Return to Services Sought