Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Services Sought Soldered Gas Tank Repair

Soldered Gas Tank Repair

Looking for that special work on your bike or engine and can't remember who does it? Inquire here, maybe someone can help you. Same rules apply as Services Offered.
Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:12 am

Can Anyone steer me towards a reputable person doing soldered tank restoration? A friend has some early VL tanks that need resto. I have some as well, but I thought I'd let him go first.

Post Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:26 pm

Any radiator shop can do the soldering for you.

Post Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:19 am

The only guy in town that was willing to fool with gas tanks retired. I have applied hundreds of pounds of lead myself in my years of auto restoration and could do this work, but I'm wearing too many hats already. I would just like to find a competent person with motorcycle gas tank experience to farm it out to. Do you have somebody local to you that has done this work for you Chris?

Post Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:08 pm

amklyde wrote:
The only guy in town that was willing to fool with gas tanks retired. I have applied hundreds of pounds of lead myself in my years of auto restoration and could do this work, but I'm wearing too many hats already. I would just like to find a competent person with motorcycle gas tank experience to farm it out to. Do you have somebody local to you that has done this work for you Chris?

I used to take them to Fry's Radiator in San fernando. But he retired and closed the shop. I haven't needed to find another since then.

Return to Services Sought