Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Dear Blabby eBay ripoff

eBay ripoff

Got a gripe or complaint about something or somebody? Throw your two cents in here. We want to hear what you have to say. No politics, keep it clean.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:17 pm

I hope this greedy person had to pay a high listing fee for this. It is still available from H-D for 40 bucks.

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:55 am

Does seem to be a tad on the high side of reasonable.

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:12 pm

someone will buy it.

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:41 pm

Got to watch what you buy on fleece-bay. Some items can be bought from retailers cheaper.
I never buy " new " parts before checking prices and shipping.
The other side of it is, I've gotten some good stuff ,cheap.
Research. Just like the item you are showing. Some one that doesn't do the research will
buy it, just because it's old(antique)and used.
As they say " Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." :roll:

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:55 am

At least that listing is not totally, knowingly misrepresented.

Check out auction# 280180870632

'41 WR genuine handlebars.........

actually mid '46-48 (late casting) WL -servicar, inline standards for street use w/cut down grips. (WRs don't have dip switch holes).....and don't "sweep up" from the casting.

The first time he listed it, I let him know what they were, they sold........the buyer backed out (lucky for him) .Now relisted, and he added to the listing that somebody drilled the lights switch holes along the way.

I don't normally go through ebay trying to "correct" people.......but I sell there too, and every time somebody gets screwed, it makes it harder for an honest guy to do business.

If anybody wants to see what WR bars off a 1941 really look like.....check out Mike Carter's, or Eric @ B.O.S.

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:34 pm

They have it relisted for a 1/4 of what is was listed for....more reasonable maybe....Skip

Return to Dear Blabby