FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Parts Dilemma!!!

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

don

Post Sat Oct 30, 1999 5:45 pm

ok i give, what kind of parts?
I'm irish, swedish, welsh, with a french italian last name. will that do?

[This message has been edited by don (edited 30 October 1999).]
<<

panic

Post Sat Oct 30, 1999 11:46 pm

NACC is "taxable" horsepower - pay no attention. Dates back from when they thought the stroke made the motor bigger, but reduced the speed in proportion, therefore is NOT used for calculations (duh)! The figure is (roughly) your bore area. Note the EL and UL have same NACC due to same piston size, but one is 61" other is 74"!
<<

dotman

Post Sun Oct 31, 1999 1:20 am

there are a couple of dealers in vancouver bc
and i know at least one in lethbridge who deal in real steel. guy name of jaque prevost over on the ontario side. I stopped doing biz in canada because the cost of shipping to and from due to customs just got to be to much of a hassle. kinda stupid if ya ask me but our collective brain trust of govts. yours and ours dont seem to be able understand that we are a lot closer then they give us credit for. However NW Alberta is a long ways from most places good luck Im sure the guys in vancouver can help. try Trev Deeleys as well they may be able to hep out.
<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Sun Oct 31, 1999 4:25 am

Don :
It was a way of figuring taxable horsepower that relied on bore more than stroke and had nothing to do with brake horsepower.
Dusty
<<

ROGELIO

Post Sun Nov 14, 1999 3:47 am

FOR CANUCK 1 - TRY RUDY ENS AT THE HARLEY DEALERSHIP IN MORDEN, MANITOBA. HE IS EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE REGARDING OLD SCOOTERS. DON'T KNOW IF HAS PARTS FOR FLATIES BUT HE PROBABLY WILL BE ABLE TO POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

Return to 45 Flatties