FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bruce palmers book available

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

fenderguitarleo

Post Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:51 am

Bruce palmers book available

Hey Folks, Im not sure everybody got the news but Bruce Palmers new book is being released in 2 weeks. I just did my pre-order. Here is the info straight from him.

"We are now taking preorders though Pay Pal only. We hope to have the web site up and running soon. If you would like to preorder, send your Pay Pal address to dppublications@verizon.net. When the books are available, I will invoice you and when you respond back the books will be shipped. This is a two volume set that is sold and packaged together and will be $95.00 plus shipping.
Thank you all so much for your interest. Debbie"
<<

MarkBranst

Post Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: Bruce palmers book available

Here is the link to the website:

http://www.howtorestoreyourharleydavidson.com/

Mark B.
<<

fenderguitarleo

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:09 pm

Its official, I just sent my Pay-Pal payment for the new book, I'm camping at my front door waiting for delivery !!!!
Their site says they have 1000 pre orders shipping out about 50 a day.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:10 am

I officially received my copies yesterday. :D
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:11 am

It has happened allready. Some wisenheimer in Arizona bought five copies of Bruce's new book. Now he has one listed in eBay for only $230.00 + shipping. Such a deal.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOW-TO-RESTORE- ... 462ac787f2
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:13 pm

Chris Haynes wrote:It has happened allready. Some wisenheimer in Arizona bought five copies of Bruce's new book. Now he has one listed in eBay for only $230.00 + shipping. Such a deal.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOW-TO-RESTORE- ... 462ac787f2

For the ebay seller it is only about a profit. Debbie should list the books on ebay at the going rate or slightly above to cover costs of listing and Paypal fees.
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:26 pm

eBay takes a big bite and only allows her to charge $3.95 for shipping which it not near enough.
Orders are being accepted by emailing dppublications@verizon.net. Please provide your name, Zip Code, and PayPal email address (if different from your regular email address). An invoice will be E mailed to you.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:23 am

Chris Haynes wrote:eBay takes a big bite and only allows her to charge $3.95 for shipping which it not near enough.
Orders are being accepted by emailing dppublications@verizon.net. Please provide your name, Zip Code, and PayPal email address (if different from your regular email address). An invoice will be E mailed to you.

A buy it now listing with shipping as package size, package weight, and package destination [ read shipping is based on buyer location... meaning no priority mail ], with a handling fee will cover Ebay's under estimate on shipping.
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:51 am

Pa wrote:
Chris Haynes wrote:eBay takes a big bite and only allows her to charge $3.95 for shipping which it not near enough.

A buy it now listing with shipping as package size, package weight, and package destination [ read shipping is based on buyer location... meaning no priority mail ], with a handling fee will cover Ebay's under estimate on shipping.

But there is still the big bite eBay gets for the sale. The Priority Mail Flat Rate box is the best way to ship. Media Mail is cheaper but will take weeks to be delivered.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:50 pm

This is true Chris but to eliminate a seller such as the one you posted means breaking his price and keeping actual price correct. Of course this also means adding enough handling fee to cover ebay fees, paypal fees, and shipping fees. Even with the additional fees, the selling price can be met if one includes all those additional costs accurately. This also undercuts the high priced seller.

Return to 45 Flatties