FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WLA Breather pipe question

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Frankenstein

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:19 pm

WLA Breather pipe question

Just cruisin' Ebay and saw a picture of a WLA breather plate. You know, the one bolts to the bottom of the cam cover. It appears to not have the internal vertical squished pipe that the standard breather has. It just has a right angle fitting for a piece of pipe to screw onto. Is that the way they all were? Never had any experience with these parts so it's all new to me.
DL
<<

john HD

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: WLA Breather pipe question

Frank,

yes that is how they are. It seems to do a good job transfering the oil mist coating from the bottom of the motor to the top.

Interestingly, the clean out plug on the top of the breather tube is exactly the same part as the later dash bolt that held the postwar 2 light dashboards in place.

Was the new dashboard in the planning stage well before the war ended?

john
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

fenderguitarleo

Post Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:37 am

Re: WLA Breather pipe question

What you have is just one piece of the whole unit as pictured above. This is called a fording tube to stop water and dirt from entering the crankcase. Not all 45's had this option. You can find the complete units for about $50, Toms NOS parts has had them in the past its a very cool item, I have it on mine and also the trans breather pipe cover is a good compliment to it but not as easy to find.

Return to 45 Flatties