FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do you jack up your 45?

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

bluesman

Post Wed May 01, 2013 8:52 am

How do you jack up your 45?

I want to put my WLA in the air to be able to change the tires. I was going to buy one of those motorcycle lift jacks but I looked under the bike and the engine drops below the frame and does not offer a clear area to put a jack. What have you folks done?

How can I safely jack up the bike to remove the front tire for instance?
<<

37ULH

Post Wed May 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: How do you jack up your 45?

It's almost easier to hang a 45 but even out on the road it can be accomplished.
With the bike on the side stand tightly block up underneath the running board strap or front crossbar on the bikes opposite side. Then bring the bike upright and slip blocking under the opposite side. If not high enough repeat process until wheel clears the ground. It's not ideal but it works in a pinch when out on the road and you have a flat.
<<

bluesman

Post Thu May 02, 2013 5:57 am

Sounds like a decent way to jack up the front thanks! I have a center stand so that covers me for the rear
<<

45Brit

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:59 pm

This begs the question - who can honestly say they have fixed a puncture by the roadside in recent years? Seems to me that with modern roads and modern tyres, they are pretty rare.

I use the same tyres and tubes on my track racing bikes that I've used for many years, because there really isn't much choice, and I get punctures and flats regularly. But this isn't true of road bikes; tyres have improved enormously.
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Return to 45 Flatties