Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

dotman

Post Fri Nov 05, 1999 3:28 am

Vince , the scooter is a good looking piece of workmanship ya did real good
<<

enigmas

Post Fri Nov 05, 1999 3:43 am

Hey Dotman, thanks for the praise but the bike belongs to a guy by the name of Dave. He's just got himself a computer and onto the net. I'll try and persuade him to post a few comments on the board. Vince
<<

dotman

Post Fri Nov 05, 1999 4:29 am

Well its still a good lookin motor and the work done on the trans transplant is great stuff. I like to get the info for the wla baby vet project
<<

martinbros

Post Tue Jan 18, 2000 7:55 pm

Caught the pix and it looks like a lot of fun. My Bro and I mounted a Triumph Slick Shift in a stock frame. Started by mounting a Brit cone hub rear wheel and centering it in the frame with some shackels for safty. Then cobbled up the trans mounts and aligned the drive chain. Then welded up a farm sprocket collet to a broken 45 sprocket, welding another sprocket to it. Everything lines up OK and We get to use the Trump clutch with single row chain. Primary cover has to be figured out and bashed up, but otherwise the rig runs fine. Motor is stone stock displacement G components, Hi-Comp Alum. heads, with an AMAL carb and dump pipes. Once rolling no clutch is needed as we wave "by by" to the other flattie riders who haven't figgured it out yet. Runs comfortable at 60 MPH and tops about 80. Feels like it could be geared a little higher on the next sprocket build. The Brit rear and Sporty front wheel lowers rolling resistance. Lots of fun.

Ride Safe all.

Return to 45 Flatties