FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

16 Inch WL Wheel

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

RyanFlathead45

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:18 pm

16 Inch WL Wheel

Hello all!

I have not been on here for a long time. But I just bought most of the major parts that I need to put my 45 back together yesterday and have some questions. We were both in a major wreck almost 4 years ago and it is time to get it back into the wind.

My question is about the 16 inch WL wheel. That is what i had on the bike in the past and I know that they are different than a standard 16 inch rim. Is the difference easily seen, or is it hard to tell?

I bought a complete wheel that has a 16 inch rim, but some one has added some non correct spokes. the nipples are smaller than a harley and the put washers around them to make them fit. I'm not sure it that was a fit for some broken spokes at one time, or if they did that to make a standard rim fit on the WL hub.

Any help you can provide would be great.

Thanks,
Ryan
<<

RUBONE

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: 16 Inch WL Wheel

Ryan,
A 45 16" front rim has smaller diameter holes and also a different spoke angle than either a 45 rear or a Big Twin. It is unique to the 45 front wheel. If the rim you have has washers on the spokes it is likely drilled too large for a 45. There are some aftermarket ones available, try here!
Robbie
http://www.flatlandmotorcyclecompany.co ... :4469,4470

Return to 45 Flatties