FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Main nozzle on Linkert M6A

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

prairie dog

Post Tue May 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Main nozzle on Linkert M6A

My recently purchased 1943 WLC came with a Linkert M6 Indian carb. I am disassembling the carb to clean it, and the main nozzle does not move. There was no nozzle spring and looking up the carb from the bottom, the nozzle looks like it is fixed in place. I've soaked the carb in carb cleaner, but the nozzle still won't move. So, two questions, did Linkert ever make a carb with a fixed nozzle? and if not, any suggestions on removing it without damaging it?
<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Tue May 15, 2012 9:29 pm

Re: Main nozzle on Linkert M6A

It is just stuck in the corrosion. I use a couple of pieces of wood for pading and a screwdriver down the throat of the carb and pry the nozzle down a little then soak it in ATF mixed 50/50 with Acetone. After 15 or 20 minutes I drive it back up with a soft drift wet it down again and repeat untill it falls out.
Dusty
<<

Cotten

Post Wed May 16, 2012 5:04 am

Re: Main nozzle on Linkert M6A

Prairie Dog!

The only fixed nozzles I have encountered were 'wildcats', where someone wanted to index an altered nozzle, and used a setcrew through the bowlstem.

I most commonly use a puller made from #5 threaded rod with a .185" cylindrical plug on the end,
NZLPULLR.jpg
however, if your M-6 is a Beck replacement with a standard Indian nozzle within it, the puller must be made from wire with the plug silver-soldered upon it (installed pulller in pic).
When nozzles are only lightly stuck, a cable with a plug on the end can pull them quickly, in the style of a gun bore cleaner.
NZLCABLE.jpg

I have found potmetal Scheblers that required to be drilled out because of the dielectric properties, but most bronze bodies will give up the the nozzle with due patience, Kroil and gently heat, and perserverance.

....Cotten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to 45 Flatties