FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Handshifter Build

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

chprs4life

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:03 pm

New Handshifter Build

Hey guys! New to 45's as well as the forum. Gonna try my hand at building an AHRMA handshifter race ready 45". Hre are some of the parts I am going to start with. Not sure if I am gonna try for pre-1940 & class c or just class c. We will see. Any words of wisdom? My plan was to build up a Hot WL. Basically Cylinder work and Cams. Cant afford the WR Stuff. Cant wait to really build it. Just collecting parts for now.

Warren
http://www.jrscycleproducts.blogspot.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

RUBONE

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:38 am

Re: New Handshifter Build

Welcome Warren,
Glad to see you here and your project as well. Perhaps you will inspire me to get going again on my stalled racer projects. I had the same plan but life got in the way and it has been hard to get going again. Plus all the tracks are a LOOOONG way from me.
Robbie
<<

chprs4life

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:30 pm

yeah man! Get to it! Those look a lot farther than mine! I am in need of some bars and risers. Do you have any?

Warren
<<

ozihotrod

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:12 am

my 2 cents worth, when you buy parts , buy quality well know brands only,Jim's are good. and check them as soon as you get them, checking the quality and fitment. I,m building a hot stroker motor and have been buying parts for the last couple of years, Now i have a guy building the motor, i am having no end of trouble with repro stuff, from 3 hole crank pins with to small a key ways, pinon shaft nuts that split below recommended torque settings,, and now my WLDR cams have been over pressed when the pinion shaft that drives the oil pump was fitted and is 0.020 out of round need to be replaced.
" The more I learn the less I know"
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:06 am

chprs4life wrote:yeah man! Get to it! Those look a lot farther than mine! I am in need of some bars and risers. Do you have any?

Warren

Tom Faber makes excellent reproduction WR bars.

Return to 45 Flatties