Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions 45 Flatties Highway Lights

Highway Lights

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Want to install highway lights on my bike this winter. I have already bought a set from 45 restoration but they didn't come with a wiring diagram. Anyone else running such lights ??? Any info on where to tap for power and common ground since they are mounted on rubber ( want it to look super clean) would be appreciated . I have an ideal on how i want to proceed but why re-invent the wheels Thanks ahead Frank

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:37 am

what you need is shopdope 256 : wiring applications from 1947.
i could send it to you but don't know how to insert it in here.
send me your direct address and i'll post it .
it's in PDF.

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Don't be tempted to run them with highbeam or your battery will eventually run down!

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:58 pm

What i was thinking was to combine both pos wire( each light unit has 1 wire sticking out) and get my power on the same switch post as the one i turn my lights on ( second click on ignition). The 2 light units have individual toggle switches so i could select them on/off that way.Make sense ??? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Yes, that would work. If you want to get fancy you could use relays, which would avoid voltage drop.

Return to 45 Flatties