Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions General Whatever-Technical Throttle Assembly

Throttle Assembly

Pretty much anything not covered by the topics above. Short lived production bikes or vehicles, Electrical, Tires, Paint, Brakes, etc. Use this for tech questions, and "Shoot the Bull" for general conversation, no tech.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:14 pm

I'm using a set of ape hangers on my 45" flathead bobber.

The universal throttle assembly I have is a POS that I picked up from an antique parts supplier.

Is there a good throttle assembly out there that will would work well ?

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi Dalaymond,

The H-D mid 70's throttle is not so bad, simple, 1"...

Patrick

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:53 pm

dalaymond wrote:
I'm using a set of ape hangers on my 45" flathead bobber.

The universal throttle assembly I have is a POS that I picked up from an antique parts supplier.

Is there a good throttle assembly out there that will would work well ?

There used to be a great throttle reverse kit made by Anderson, who no longer is in business.
However I just saw a well used one on eBay. If I remember correctly cyclewarehouse had it.

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:19 pm

When I built the tall bars for my 101 Scout Chopper I took a set of early 70's Sportster (they are the cheapest) bars, and cut off the end and welded it to the bars I was using. That got me Stock HD parts, Internal Throttle, and it worked real well.

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:43 pm

The -74 throttle assemblies work well on bobbers/customs. They were used up until about 1981. Most of the aftermarket companies offer a replacement part, but I've seen some that don't open the throttle all the way.
VPH-D

Return to General Whatever-Technical