FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rhinebeck anyone?

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Frankenstein

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:50 am

Rhinebeck anyone?

Rhinebeck's this weekend, and just thought I'd check in and see if anyone else from the webboard is planning on going. figure to take the BTSV with the latest version of the sporty oil pump to see how things work out. It's about a 200 mile ride through the Catskills from here, a beautiful ride. And the weather looks good.
Hope to see you there.
DD
<<

MOLDTHREAD

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Re: Rhinebeck anyone?

Hi Frankenstein,

I'll be there sharing some space in building C with 45 Restoration. Stop by and say hi.
I won't be there untill saturday however, I've got a 1/2 mile race in Rochester, NH Friday night.

I've now got PEEK Intake Manifold Seals for all 3 H-D sizes, and Indian Chief and Scout.

http://www.enfieldracing.com
Bruce Argetsinger
AHRMA Dirt Track # 67J
www.enfieldracing.com
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:56 pm

I can't make the meet. Took a trip up to NH just a few weeks ago and that put this meet out for me. Florida {not a swapmeet] and then Wauseon are my next stops. Give Warren my howdies when you get there. On another note, Moldthreads seals look super !!!! Finish is awesome on them ! Can't wait to try the pair out on ! Pa
<<

Frankenstein

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:13 am

Hi All, Just thought I'd check in after returning from a great weekend at Rhinebeck. Good meet, had a great trip, NO problems with the 44U down and back, did about 400 miles, looks like oil consumption is running around 1000mi/qt. on 20-50 Castrol. It's great to climb a hill and just hold the throttle open and let'er pull, no rolling off to "oil" my cylinders. I'm pleased with how things are working.
Met lots of great people, including board members Jim Casey and Moldthread, "Bruce Artsinger".
Must say was glad to meet Jim after corresponding via the web all these years. He's definitely my kind of people. He and Linda pulled in on their hard workin, no nonsense, Shovel from Mass. Thanks for showing me around and introducing me to folks, Jim.
Picked up some of Bruce's molded Peek manifold rings and hope to get them mounted on my Knuckle and the 44U this week. I'll be sure to let you know how that works. Bruce feels that the molded rings should mate up and seal on most any manifold that doesn't show significant distortion/damage as the Peek is conformable to minor variations in the surface. I've got a bastard manifold I want to try them on. Bruce was a great to talk to, very knowledgeable guy, who had the time to talk to a seat of the pants tinkerer like yours truly.
Also had a talk with Paul Friebus of American Cycle Fabrication, the folks who built up a flathead 80 to do 130 on the salt at Bonneville. He had one of his engines in a street bike, and it DID NOT sound like my 80 at all! Very awesome. He was very busy, but took time to discuss oiling/pumps, etc for a few minutes. He does use a piston oiler, it shoots upward at the bottom of the piston, only it breaks up into a mist a couple of inches above the jet and disperses pretty evenly to cool the whole piston and lube the walls. He also makes modifications to the combustion chamber, he's on his 6th version on top, didn't go into details. But did say that his bores look like "EVo" bores after much hard running and show no scuffs, wear or overheating. He's a very interesting, and busy, fellow. I'll try to get some pics posted one of these days.
Your Roving reporter,
DD
<<

JIm

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:39 am

Great to meet you Dick, and I might say, I like that nice sounding oil tight flatty you rode.
We almost didn't go but now I'm glad we did, just wish our situations would have allowed us to stay longer. Had to bail out late Friday morning, neither me or the wife were doing that good. Maybe all will be taken care of sometime soon, what we talked a bit about Dick.
Great meet, lots of part, some actually reasonably priced, plenty of bikes, tons of very old obscure iron and a HUGE swap area.

Don't get old
Jim
<<

Frankenstein

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi Jim, so don't get old? I'm sorry, I'm not prepared to do that, but I ain't looking forward to it either, Last year was the tough one, hittin' 60 was a reality check. :evil:
Here are a couple of pics from the meet. If you don't like what I take pics of, go yerself and take some :lol: :lol:

Enjoy,
DD
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:51 pm

Hittin 60 ??? You young bucks kill me ! :wink: Pa

Jim...shoot me an email please.
<<

Frankenstein

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:38 am

Thanks Pa, it's nice to feel young again :lol: :lol: :lol:
DD
<<

MOLDTHREAD

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:32 pm

For hot flathead cams, PEEK Seals, and magneto caps,
http://www.enfieldracing.com
Bruce Argetsinger
AHRMA Dirt Track # 67J
www.enfieldracing.com
<<

indianut

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:19 pm

Pa, when and where are you going to be in Fl?
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:25 pm

Haven't set the FL date yet. Hoping to make a quick trip down there the first or second week after the Fourth of July. Can't stay long though. Like to do the run before the fuel prices go up any higher. Shoot me an email and I'll tell you a bit more about it. Pa
<<

sleeper

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:02 am

Dr Dick-

Thanks fer posting the pics.. I like the dual Linkert Pan !!! Looks fast sitting still !!!! :lol:

The HD Peashooter/knuck morph ? is interesting as well. Bet theres a story there...

Return to General Whatever-Technical