FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A plee From Fellow Bikers

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Jack Creighton

Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:48 pm

Pa
I would say thats a heavenly shade of blue.
Keep the updates coming
<<

100incscoot

Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:20 pm

THAT DAMN THING LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE THE RUSTED UP OLE BROKEN CYL I SENT YA CURT
DAMN NICE WORK MAN
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:49 pm

Heck Scoot....Curt couldn't have made it so pretty without you sending it along to him. Thanks Man ! Thanks for the rocker box too ! I just got it in from Indianut today and he did a mighty fine engraving job on it. Thanks Indianut !! Another great artist among us Fella's !! I will post pics of it as soon as I get the polishing done on her. I plan to lay out all the components loosely and shoot a few pe-assembly pics for posting. I will post complete assembly pics also. The head hasn't come back yet. I'll check on it this weekend. These parts, along with all the awesome hardware Johnny had shipped to me, the great looking pushrod covers Curt sent, the head Amklyde sent, the gaskets and tappet block Jim sent, The blasting/welding that Wayne is doing, and everything else others have done or are doing that I've neglected to list are making this Urn one BEAUTIFUL work of Humanitarian Art ! :D Pa
<<

hplhd1

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:51 am

great work everyone. i am looking forward to updates. pa, your friend will be very pleased with the outcome when you present it to him. rich
<<

dr sportster

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:17 am

I had not really read this untill now. It is very sad.I know the base was mentioned earlier[pg.1].I have a piece of 7075 aluminum 8"dia.X2 3/4"high.Capability to bore a hole for the cylinder flange and polish the surface finish.I think it would be heavy enough for a good base.If you would like it just say the word.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:06 pm

Thanks for the offer dr sportster but I ordered, via C.O.D., a chunk 10" x 12" x 6" some time ago and I expect to receive it soon. I needed the added thickness so I could bore it deeper in order to gain more length so Brady will fit into the completed assembly more easily. Pa
<<

Curt!

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:48 pm

Thanks for all the nice words guys. I'm very honored to be a part of this project. The candy blue in powdercoat has a color depth that is just amazing. This is certainly my favorite color. followed closely by candy apple red. I'm excited anticipating to see the final resting place for Brady.
Curt!
<<

indianut

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:53 am

When do we get a new Urn Update?
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:39 am

Indianut...I was waiting for the polish work to be completed on the rocker box before posting an update, but here is what is going on at the present. Polishing of the rocker box was to be completed today but power was lost until 2:30AM EST due to heavy thunderstorms. The head has been initially sand blasted for the weld prepping and it is now at the welders. Finish bead blasting is scheduled for today [Wednesday]. ETA on it's return is Thursday. I should have more pics for you folks then. Still no block of the ordered aluminum. I am getting impatient with that and I may go elsewhere for it. Glad the order for the stock was C.O.D.. If it shows up after I get a different chunk, I will refuse it. I will be chatting with a local shop sometime tomorrow in regards to another source. This shop will do the mill work on the block also. Even though I have the rough dimensions for the tappet block to the cylinder, I want to do an assembly mockup for verfication purposes before the shop puts a cutter to the aluminum block. Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:43 pm

Update.............Head welding is completed but finish bead blasting may take a few days more. Rocker box polishing particially completed. Polisher is having a heck of a time in the crannies and he won't be satisfied until he gets more of them glossy. Awaiting base stock report from machine shop. Should get a call tomorrow on it. Hardwood not acquired yet. I want to see the machined base first. Hang in there folks !! Pics are coming. :wink: Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:13 pm

Another update.....I saw the finished head weld work today. Awesome job !!! Not only did the welder fuse the plugs in, he filled the whole rocker cavity ! The finish bead blasting will be done soon. Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:06 pm

Head is finished. It will be here Tuesday. I will post pics then. Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:17 pm

Got the head back today fella's. Pics are below. Wayne had to leave for the DC area. His son is getting a brain operation in the morning. Surgery should take 7 hours or so. They are gonna try and seal off the bleeding that keeps causing the young man strokes. If it all works out ok, he won't loose to many motor skills. Wayne is a tough old Bro. I don't know if I could get through what he is going through.

Polishing on the rocker box is still in progress. I should hear something on it in the next day or so.

Base material is in. Machining of it is awaiting assembly mock up. Pa

<<

Curt!

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:39 pm

Better keep this close to the top. Nice work on the heads.
Curt!
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:34 pm

Yeah...he did a nice job on it. I will get a tappet block pic up in a few days or less alnong with a rocker box pic before it was polished on. Haven't got the rocker box back again yet with the finish polishing but I will post Indianut's engraving work on it then also. Many more pics to come soon !! Stay tuned Fella's !!!!! Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:43 pm

The nice engraving work Indianut put on the rocker box. This pic is before polishing work was started on it. Pa

<<

hplhd1

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:39 am

great work. good stuff from all.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:44 am

Here is the tappet block work Curt has completed also. Curt machined the spicot off and powder coated it to match the cylinder he also powder coated. Everyone has done a superb job on this project !! More pics to come soon !! :D Pa

<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue May 02, 2006 7:24 pm

Urn update............ Block of aluminum is a no go fellas. They want 4 bills for the chunk and I won't give that much for a months supply of melted beer cans !! We are goiing to go with a slab of it instead. The slab wil be milled around the edges for appearance and one side will be deeper for the push rod covers. The needed cylindrical depth will be bolted on from underneath the slab tying in with the cylinder bolts. I am thinking stainless tubing capped off with a welded on stainless plate. Sorry for the delay guys but this base has been a nightmare !! Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue May 02, 2006 7:25 pm

OOPS..........it posted twice on me. Pa
PreviousNext

Return to General Whatever-Technical