FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A plee From Fellow Bikers

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:25 am

Update on urn progress report........ 100inchscoot has graciously donated a rocker box for the urn. Thank you Mike !! Mike will ship it off to Indianut for the engraving work. Drawings have been edited on page 4 of this topic to reflect aquired components in the red and the still needed components in the blue. The Bro who is doing the head welding/sand and bead blasting work will be a bit delayed because of a terrible family situation that just occurred. His 22 year old Son had a massive stroke the other day and a second one yesterday. His chances are not good. Pa
<<

Curt!

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:12 pm

pa
Sorry to hear about the boy... sad news. The lifter block arrived today. It'll be Monday befor I get the base milled off. I'll get to it ASAP.
Curt!
<<

George Greer

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:03 pm

Pa could you pass along the best wishes to your friend and his son for me and my wife here in Germany.

Hoping for the best.

George in Germany
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:01 am

Thanks Curt...You don't need to rush it though. The head work will be on hold for a while yet. Even in a worst case senerio he will want to keep his mind occupied. I suspect he will want to do it as soon as he is able to. He is that kind of Guy.

Thanks George...I will do that. The boy spoke late last night. They were the first words he could speak since the first attack. He is in critcal condition because of bleeding on his brain. They keep draining it but they have not yet found the root of the cause yet. He was moved to a different hospital also. They have upgraded his chances a bit so there may be more room for hope. Blood clots and swelling are the major concerns right now. As I understand it....if they can control those, they will perform an operation to attempt to fix the problem. His chances are now based on what I have told you now. Pa
<<

47knuck

Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:48 pm

Scoot: Thanks you found a rocker and I can't even get some of the folks I know to respond. Sorry Pa will try for something else if still needed. :oops:
Steve H
<<

Curt!

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:59 pm

The cylinder arrived today to be powdercoated. What do you guys think coat the inside of the bore with powder, or not? There is a mirror chrome powder that goes on under the candy apple blue. I can hone it to a bright finish, or seal it by powder coating it. I should have it done in the next day or two.
Curt!
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:01 pm

Thanks Steve, we still need the rocker arms shafts and big outer end caps for them that are located on the pushrod side.

That is good news Curt. Do what you think is best for it. What ever you choose to do will be more than just fine.

Waynes' son [Wayne is the head welding/sand and bead blasting man] has been holding his own. There is basically no change to the worse but no more improvement either. Wayne will start work on the head by mid week. Pa
<<

Curt!

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:34 am

We need to bring this back to the top. It's been to cold here to get the jug powdercoated. Temps in the single digits and windy. That side of the shop isn't heated so i have a heck of a time maintaining 400 degrees for the base color. It's getting wrmer and I should have them soon.
How is the rest of it progressing?
Curt!
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:00 pm

Thanks for the update Curt. Winter has grasped us again too. Wayne said the head should be back to me by the first of next week as long as his Sons' condition doesn't worsen. The boy is hanging in there for now. The base aluminum has been ordered. It should show up within the next couple of days. The hardwood is here but no work will be done to it until the block is machined. I missed the local swapmeet due to our wedding anniversary but there is another next weekend. I hope to score the rocker shafts and large rocker end caps then. Mike is sending the rocker box down to Indianut. Pretty much....everything is going great on the urn and it will finish up in no time now. Pa
<<

100incscoot

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:48 pm

paul if all your going to the swap for is the shafts and end nuts
i know for a fact i got the shafts
the nuts i got but i dont have any new ones i dont think
let me know if i can help
oh i got a big box of valve springs too if you need a set
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:55 am

Thanks Mike...We won't need the valve springs. We got the end plugs coming now so they are eliminated from the parts list. If you could ship the shafts to me, we will be done with the parts collecting end of the urn. Indianut got the rocker box and he will put the finishing touches on it, then he will send it to me early next week. I will start the parts pic taking as they come back in and post them for all to see. As the urn goes together I will do the same. I want you all to know that this project would have taken practically forever without the donations, labor, resources, ideas and other input from those of you who participated and or offered to participate. This is a very noble deed you have all done and I am very proud and honored to know you all. Sincerely, Pa
<<

100incscoot

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:39 pm

shoot me your addr paul
i dont keep them around long
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:18 pm

On its' way Bro.... Pa
<<

47knuck

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:25 pm

Thanks to all. Some of us did not get her done but we still care. Looking forward to more updates.
Steve H
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:51 pm

I know Steve, That's why I wish to thank all. I know the hearts of those who could not participate were still with those who could. If we live long enough we will all have our hand a bit deeper in something special sooner or later. I look forward to posting the pics of the urn as it comes together and gets completed. I hope many of you copy and print them and show them in your shops and garages for all to see. Let folks know the true spirit of the Biker Community. Show folks how big the hearts of the Biker Community are when they are called upon in a time of need or distress. Not displayed in a boastful manner but displayed in a humble and heart felt one as an example of a common good to humanity. Let them not be shown as a praise for ourselves but as a reflection of what others should follow. Thank you ALL.......... Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:23 pm

Update....I received the powder coated cylinder from Curt this afternoon. It looks great !! Thank Curt !!! I will post a pic of it some time tomorrow. Pa
<<

Curt!

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:18 pm

Pa
Glad it meets your approval. I has great color depth, but some flaws. Good to see the project moving ahead. Keep us posted.
Curt!
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:51 pm

The artist always sees the micro flaws Curt. :wink: The cylinder looks great Bro ! :D Pa

<<

Johnny

Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:40 pm

Curt,
I think the cylinder meets everyone's approval. It looks great !!!!!
Nice work, man.
Pa, keep the pictures comin'.
<<

47knuck

Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:27 pm

NICE, very NICE
Steve H
PreviousNext

Return to General Whatever-Technical