FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A plee From Fellow Bikers

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:07 am

Yes it is Billy. Everytime I look at it, I see the hearts and faces of the whole group involved. To me, it is a symbol of the goodness that is still in existance on this planet. It is quite refreshing to my soul to absorb some of the compassion involved with this project, especially after a bout with the downer newspaper articles and tv news reports that pound my head on a daily basis. Refreshing indeedy !! Pa
<<

hplhd1

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:10 am

thanks pa.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:11 pm

Curt...have you heard from Chet lately by chance ? I emailed him a dimension data sketch on the wooden base a couple of weeks ago but he hasn't replied. I am concerned he may have not received my email. Would you make contact with him and check for me ? Thanks, Pa

Oh...by the way....I tried to email you direct on this but the email bounced back undeliverable.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:09 pm

Received some sad news today. The fella who got the cylinder extension completed asap [Big Pat] has turned very ill. He has been in intensive, in a coma, since the weekend. I'm told he has had his heart re started twice already. Big hearted Man he is ! I pray they can keep that Big Heart tickin. Please keep the Man in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks, Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:56 pm

Big Pats' condition has now been down graded. He has been put on life support for all his organs. :cry:
<<

hplhd1

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:24 am

pa, how sad that is to hear. he will be in my thoughts.
<<

Curt!

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:35 am

pa
very sorry that Big Pat is doing poorly. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

On another note...... I finally hooked up with Chet. The Walnut has been roughed out. He is going to heat cycle it a couple times to assure that it won't crack. I'm meeting with him at lunch today to see what needs to be done to finish this phase of the project. More news and photos shortly.
Curt!
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:48 am

Thanks Guys ! It seems his existance may be all up to our thoughts and prayers.

Man !!!! I needed some good news like that Curt !! And yes... please keep me posted. As soon as I know the overall height and perimeter dimensions I can start on the crating, the last phase before shipping it out.

You know...... it is mind boggling on how this project got started, how it all came together, the events that took place along the time frame, and the seemingly long passing hours that now seem just a wink. I will be so happy that it has come to pass but yet so sad to see it end. Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:03 pm

Curt, have you received my last couple of emails ?

Big Pat update........He has come out of the coma and has been removed from life supports. Alive but not coherent. That is at least some progress and a direction towards healing. Not to take anything away from the doctors and hospital staff, I really believe the progress he has made,[ they said he was basically a gonner not to long ago], is because of the prayers and thoughts, his loved ones and folks like you, have generously put forth in his behalf. Thanks a million ! :) I will keep you all posted as the updates come in. Sincerely, Pa
<<

Curt!

Post Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:52 pm

pa
Haven't gotten an e-mail from you in quite a while. Chet has the block all finished out and is now working on the carving. We have just about all of the problems I spoke to you about figured out.
It's going to take a bit of time for him to do the carving. You know how artists are about being inspired. The carving is going to be a relief carving of 2 hands clasp, shaking hands. The international gesture of friendship among bikers. A symbol of all of the bikers that came together to give a final resting place to our young friend.
He brought a bronze casting over yesterday to blast in my glass beading cabinet. He said he had gotten started on the carving, but it's going to be a time consuming process.
It's an absolutely beautiful piece of wood. No photo can do it justice. For those of you that aren't up to speed on the wood block, it's a piece of American Walnut cut from the center of a 24" tree. The block measures 13" X 16" X 6" thick. The grain on it resembles the depth of birdseye maple. It weighs about 20 pounds. It will be very much worth the wait to add this piece to the project.

Good to see Big Pat is hangin in there. Just can't keep a good man down. We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
Curt!
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:30 pm

Don't you just love this perfect hi tech internet ! :wink: It will probably work well once they get the bounced email glitches worked out. :)

Man Curt ! The theme is outstanding !! I can almost picture it completely. Chisel, scrape, file,........whatever it is Chet does to create his awesome art, he sure is a skilled professional !! Wish I had the skill and patience to do what he does. He is a rare breed indeed ! Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:38 pm

Sure glad that glitch is gone now !! I got some really great news regarding Big Pat. It has been a while since the family let any news out on him. He is home !!! He has had a miraculious turn around. All his body systems are doing great so they allowed him to leave the hospital. He isn't fully recovered but he is home. From expected death to home ain't bad !! They won't allow anyone to visit with him because he can't talk again yet. I was told he was able to use a walker for a bit also. Just wanted you all to know what I just learned. Thanks, Pa
<<

Curt!

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:13 am

We finally moved ahead on the carving. Chet got started on the big block of walnut and unfortunately it developed a number of cracks and we decided to abandon it. Instead he got a 2 X 6" piece of kiln dried walnut and has done the relief carving on that. We will now laminate pieces to the back of that to make the base, or just build it into a heavy box. We have been concerned about needing some weight in the bottom end to compensate for the large amount of weight up high on the urn. While discussing this, another local fellow offered a piece of marble that would add the needed weight to the bottom of the walnut base. We'll take a look at it when it arrives and see if it will do the trick. We should have this end of the project done very soon.
I took some photos of it with my camera phone, but they really don't do it justice. I sent the only decent one to pa and if he wants to post it he can, and explain the symbolism Chet captured in the work. I'll try to get by his studio with my camera and get some better photos to post when the marble arrives.
Hopefully things will get back to normal here. We were able to transfer the galfriend's son (the one that got hit by the train) back to a Kansas hospital on Tuesday. Everyone at Rapid City Hospital was amazed that he was able to walk out of there under his own power. Hopefully he'll get back home in a week or so.
Curt!
<<

Limey_Dave

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:53 pm

Curt.

Glad to hear the lad is doing well.

Train wreck to walking,that boy's a fighter. :D
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:42 pm

Yes in Deedy !! That is certainly good news to hear Curt. A miracle at it’s least.

Here is a pic of the rough unfinished carving. One hand is clad in a leather glove, like a gauntlet, and the other hand is of a woman or young man. Chet envisioned this to be a hand shake between the bikers that helped on the project and Brady's mom. I am sure we can all see this as well. Curt also sees it as bikers thanking Brady for giving us the chance to do something that really mattered in this world. I can see, besides the visions Chet and Curt see, which I definitely see too, are Mimi's and J.C.'s hands holding each other over their Son. The carving contains numerous themes within it. Chet's genius in artistry shoes through extremely well in it. The theme ,with it's multiple visions, are the first , that I know of, in the art fields, to hold that many visions at once.

Yep.........this project is coming to a close soon. But !!! It will live on forever even so. Pa

<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:25 pm

Received these photos of the finished hands theme from Chet folks. I love it ! Thank you Chet ! I believe this will enhance the urn superbly.

Regretfully, I must report a tragic to you all as well. It regards our cylinder extension machine work donor individual, Big Pat. Big Pat was on the road to recovery after initial medical opinions of his sure death. I pray he still is after this. Big Pat's only Son, Patrick, was killed in an auto accident late last night. Details of the accident are sketchy at this time. The younger Patrick was the owner of Patricks Chop House At Lock 24, just outside of Lisbon, Ohio. You all may recall, young Pat, as he was known to all, catered my Sister's funeral voluntarily. He will be severly missed by his family and friends. :cry: Pa

<<

George Greer

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:52 pm

Damn Pa........ :(

When it rain's....

Please pass along condolonces from the George and Josefa Greer.

George
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:16 pm

"It Pours" I will George. Thank you both.

Do you folks think I should resize the pics for scrolling purposes. What do you all think of the art work and theme/themes ? Pa
<<

hplhd1

Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:20 am

the carving is great pa. if those are his other works he is very talented. it's a dam shame about big pat's son. not something he needs to deal with during his recovery. the rest of his family must be floored. i know for myself with my wife suddenly passing away this past novemberit's all i can do to get out of bed in the am. he will definily be in my conversations at nite with god.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:24 am

Yep...those are his cavings you see also hplhd1. Exceptionally talented artist he is. Check out his other works on his website. There is a link posted by Curt on a previous page of this topic.

Thank you. You know first hand hplhd1. One minute they are there with you, the next minute they are gone. A taste of hell on earth !

As a whole, we, the human race, seem to take it for granted that a person will be here long after we are gone. I catch myself doing it way to often. I guess Big Pat first words after hearing of his loss was " And He Saved Me For This ?" His Wife, and the Mother of Patrick the deceast, Sandy, is carrying the bulk of the load on her shoulders. Their only Daughter lost one of their three Grandchildren, a toddler, just last year. Then the near loss of her Husband, who is still not out of the woods yet, sprang down on her as well. Now her only Son is gone. It just doesn't add up. A loving and giving family facing such catastrophic events. I guess there are some questions left unanswered for a reason, maybe to be learned at a determined time or place ? I never could have imagined, that this urn project, in it's beginning, would have revealed so much in the lives of the folks involved and or those following it. From tragedies to miracles.........the true goodness of mankinds heart has shown through. Pa
PreviousNext

Return to General Whatever-Technical