FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A plee From Fellow Bikers

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

47knuck

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:26 pm

Pa: Still makes me proud to know that some one will try to do something like this. I have to meet ya and shake your hand, Keep the faith and ride happy. That is the best way to honor those who went before.
Steve H
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:52 pm

Thanks for the kind words Steve but the handshakes really go to all the fella's who have, and have tried, to participated in this. They are all on the same mind set together as a whole. I believe it is a prime example of what the true Brotherhood really means. To bad the rest of ole mother earth can't see fit to get along with one another like this. Shame on me but.....this is how all polititicians globally should walk the walk. Pa
<<

Curt!

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:21 pm

pa
OK,Ii got a chunk of Walnut donated frommy artist friend Chet Cale. It's about 12" diameter and about 2' long. There is plenty of room to cut whatever size block we need for the project. We need to decide which direction the grain should run and the dimentions of the block. This piece looked to have a nice grain to it. Chet has a bandsaw and can cut whatever size piece we need. All we need to know is what size we need.
Curt!
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:45 pm

Out Of Site Bro !!!!!!!!!! Do you mean 2" thick ? Is 2" thick enough for the cylinder extension base mounting and tappet block mounting ? I got to look the cylinder base drawing over again for certainty on this. I would think the bigger the better on the diameter we hold will stablize the top heavyness of the assembled urn better. What do you think ? I tried to make contact with the machine shop doing the work on the cylinder extention but he was gone for the day today. He hits the shop on Saturdays as well so I will see if I can nail him down sometime tomorrow. I don't know if the grain direction will make much difference but you better ask your buddy what he thinks by the drawing for the cylinder extension. I would rather leave that decision to you buddy. He is the wood man, he will know for sure. Maybe we can reduce the diameter and use the cut off to extend the thickness ?? I am sure we can come up with something for a fix if 2" isn't thick enough. Pa
<<

Curt!

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:22 pm

That's 2 feet thick. pa
Curt!
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:35 am

AWESOME !!!! 8) That is more than enough !! Thank you Curt and please thank your buddy also. Will you please have him email me ?

I am sorry if I seem a bit out of it. I am floating off into space today and I am numbed by news I received in the middle of the night last night. :cry: My dear Sister Patty pasted away. I don't understand it ???? I talked with her for a few hours just the day before, like I do every other day with her, and all seemed normal with her. She was the same ole carrying and loving person she always was at the time. Always worrying about world affairs and the effect those affairs were having on people. Worrying about other peoples pain and anquishes. Never thinking much about her own. :cry: She did tell me she was having a hard time breathing so she went to the the hospital by insistance from her husband [ a very good Man I might say] but they told her she needed insulin. She went home instead because she said they were full of it. She felt worse yesterday morning so her husband took her back to the hospital in the afternoon. She didn't go home this time :cry: Congestive heart failure killed her. :cry: I just don't understand it ???? I told her in that phone conversation that she worried to much and she was allowing stress to mess with her own health. I also told her not to worry, all would be ok :cry: Now I am burying her!! :cry:
<<

47knuck

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:59 am

Pa: Sad day. My heart goes out to ya. :cry:
Steve H
<<

Curt!

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:11 pm

That is so sad, pa. My heart goes out to you and your family. I know you have some tough times ahead. My best wishes to you and your family.
Curt!
<<

dr sportster

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:37 pm

Sorry tp read of your loss.
<<

George Greer

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:54 pm

Paul,

Josefa and I send our condoloences.

It never easy, but a sad part of life...

George in Germany :cry:
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:41 am

I Man couldn't deal with this without Friends like you Folks ! Thank you from the core of my heart ! Pa
<<

hplhd1

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:02 am

paul, so very sorry to hear. yall are in my thoughts and prayers.
<<

nationalzjug

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:28 am

Paul,so sorry to hear of your sisters passing,please accept our condolences...Paul & Barb Pederson
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:00 pm

Thanks again for all your support. Patty knew about the urn project and she admired all the efforts made by everyone who supported the effort. Getting entombed in one wasn't her cup of tea but the compassion and generosity which poured out from you folks in making this a reality for Brady touched her heart deeply.

I am gonna post some progress pics as soon as tomorrow on the urn. It is in partial mockup right now and it looks AWESOME !!!! I talked with the machine shop yesterday to check up on the extension progress. He hasn't gotten very far on it but he did say it will be real soon now. His business has been swamped this past few months and he had to secure his pending customers orders first. That is understandable as far as I am concerned. I am just glad he is donating the time, machinerey, tooling, and effort towards our project. He is one of us Folks. He has several Harleys of his own but work load prevents him from enjoying them much. When I approached him about the project, I initially tried to get a price quote from him for the work needed on it. He never let me get that far !!!! He said "If you don't need it ASAP, I would Love to do it for you and those people who lost their Son." Kent is a big dude man !! Big all over, but his heart shadows over his physical size by a mile !!!! Pa
<<

Curt!

Post Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:22 pm

pa
Did you and Chet get hooked up on the wood?
Curt!
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:24 pm

No Curt, I haven't heard from him. Try contacting him again and give him all my contact info. I am hard to get hold of sometimes and I might have missed him.

I took two sets of pics, one indoors and one outdoors, because I sure ain't no photographer and I can't seem to get the lighting good enough to capture the true appearance of the Urn mockup assembly. Pushrod covers are not on yet. I need the cylinder extension base back to do those. I plugged the oil line by tapping it for a 3/8" stud and I used one of the extra chrome cap nuts that were donated over it. One of the rockerbox cover studs was to short so I did the same with that one as I did with the oil line port. The cylinder base studs , lock washers, and nuts are just sitting in there respective holes for picture taking purposes. I tossed a spark plug in to fill the spark plug hole as a temporary cover for the opening but i plan to find a stainless 14mm bolt to permanently plug the opening. I will used the spark plug gasket on that bolt for a seal.

<<

Curt!

Post Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:49 pm

pa
That's sweeet. You did a great job of making this a reality.
Curt!
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:16 am

Thanks Curt but if it wasn't for you and all the other gracious participants involved in this project it would be no were near as close to completion than it is right now. I would love to see the looks on J.C.'s and Mimi's faces when they open up the delivered crate !! I do believe we will not find a nicer Urn on the planet when it is finally finished. There is a short way left to go on her now. (1.) return of the finished cylinder extension. (2.) Polish the cylinder extension mounting flange area. (3.) Woodwork to fit, sand, stain, and clear coat the walnut base. (4.) Build crate. (5.) Ship and deliver. After I get the unit fully assembled and fitted to a crate, I will do some deep research into a front door delivery for it. J.C. and Mimi are not able to get to a depot for pickup so it must go directly to their home. I will insist on a shipper who will comply with careful crate handling from Ohio to Washington, urban delivery direct to the address given, and delivery scheduling which will coincide with crate acceptance scheduling by J.C. and Mimi, when I speak with possible shippers. J.C. makes mulptible hospital visits due to his heart problems weekly and Mimi always goes along with him. I believe a handicap vehicle takes them each time. Both of them have become paranoid of just about everthing over the years and they wish the crate not to be left unattended upon delivery while they may be away at the hospital. I will make sure it isn't. Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:46 pm

OK !!!!!!!! The local Napa helped me out with the spark plug hole plug needed. It is a metric 14mm oil drain plug in cad plating. The spark plug gasket fits great on it and it fits the spark plug hole perfectly :D . Pa

<<

hplhd1

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:31 am

pa, it looks great. wonderful job by everyone involved.
PreviousNext

Return to General Whatever-Technical