Just For Y'all

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

dotman

Post Wed Dec 22, 1999 9:33 pm

Just For Y'all

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have
decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old
again. I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks. I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day. I want to return to a time
when life was simple. When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy
because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that could make you worried or upset.
I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good. I
want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the
little things again. I want to live simple again.

I don't want my day to consist of
computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills,gossip,illness, and loss of loved ones.I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth,
justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in
the snow. So . . . here's my checkbook and my car keys, my credit
card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from
adulthood. And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to
catch me first, cause. . . "Tag! You're it."
<<

filthy

Post Sun Dec 26, 1999 1:06 pm

I was wondering when you'd finally get here!

filthy
<<

Cotten

Post Sun Dec 26, 1999 10:18 pm

I agree with everything you say,,Except that part about McDonalds! Once a year at the Davenport Meet (where all of my childlike fantasys ARE true!), I allow myself to walk across traffic for a gutbomb...yucky!..My mind is that of a child, but my stomach is middle aged!
...Cotten
<<

1937hd45

Post Thu Dec 30, 1999 9:38 am

Ditto!!!Dotman!!!Happy New Year!
<<

enigmas

Post Sat Jan 08, 2000 11:12 pm

Right on, or is that "ride on" Dotman, excellent piece of prose. That's what my Harley is all about, transports me back in time everytime I hold those big handle bars and hear that 45 V engine. ~ Vince.
<<

Hotrod

Post Sun Jan 09, 2000 7:57 am

Alas it is, as when a cat comes into a room and discovers that most coveted spot, the one where is is most at peace with the world to lie down and sleep: Alas I have found the people of my dreams, those who share with me the fact that no one needs to grow up...only old. As we less than gracefully slip into the ages let it be known that we are the children of a simpler age, and when the shit really counts, well, we just don't care cause it pretty much is all simple shit and if nobody dies it's all ok in the end!
<<

Hotrod

Post Sun Jan 09, 2000 7:59 am

Damn, I just realized something about that last post. . .I never gave a shit when I was young! That Dr. that told me I had no dreams, no asperations would be proud of me now, I never made it even with his fucking help!
<<

Hotrod

Post Fri Jan 14, 2000 5:19 am

That would be fucking amazing. . . twas yet another Army doc who informed me of the same dire consequences of my illustrious party habits! Wern't in Hiwarur was ya?

Return to General Whatever-Technical