Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions General Whatever-Technical Solid or rubber?

Solid or rubber?

Pretty much anything not covered by the topics above. Short lived production bikes or vehicles, Electrical, Tires, Paint, Brakes, etc. Use this for tech questions, and "Shoot the Bull" for general conversation, no tech.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Sun Oct 31, 1999 1:40 pm

Have an 82 Shovel fxr that is pretty much stock with the exception of progressive
shocks and fork springs. it handles like its on rails going through corners. A year or so ago I started replacing motor suspension parts and it has become a pretty comfortable ride. before that it would put my butt to sleep in about 50 miles. its kind of one of those things you dont notice until you start
replaceing little things. there is a noticeable diference in the chassis vibration level if you let the rubber start to get worn
beyond a certain point. about 35 to 40 k miles and the motor will start to sag in the frame .

Post Thu Nov 04, 1999 8:35 am

Steve I ride a Soft Tail. I am building a
rubber mount for next year.

Post Thu Nov 04, 1999 5:31 pm

If a could not ride my rigid knucklehead, it would be nothing but a hotrod FXR. They are fast and smooth. Jerry

Return to General Whatever-Technical