Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions General Whatever-Technical Type Of Adhesive Suggestions Needed

Type Of Adhesive Suggestions Needed

Pretty much anything not covered by the topics above. Short lived production bikes or vehicles, Electrical, Tires, Paint, Brakes, etc. Use this for tech questions, and "Shoot the Bull" for general conversation, no tech.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:33 am
Pa Site Admin

I'm ready to install the rubber molding on to my Lexan windshield outer rim for my WLA. I am not sure what the rubber formula is but assume it is a modern compound since it is aftermarket. I had to go with aftermarket on the windshield and molding since no oem or nos ones were usable. I've found several adhesives for Lexan but none note bonding rubber to the Lexan. None also do not state not too. Anyone have advice as to what adhesive to use which will not eat up either the rubber or the Lexan ? Thanks, Pa

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:02 pm
Pa Site Admin

Loctite Super Glue Ultra Gel Control did the job.

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:24 am
don User avatar

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:28 pm
Pa Site Admin

Thanks Don.

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:11 pm
don User avatar

Pa, I meant to lead you to; CARBOLINE CO -- NEOPRENE ADHESIVE F-1 -- 8040-00-181-7712 , I have a small tube, But Uncle Sam is protecting the commom guy from obtaining it. MEK is in it, yet one can buy thinned down mek at home improvment stores and auto paint shops. I've had MEK Technical melt the broken plastic encased consumer products and the bond was stronger than the unbroken part just by wetting the broken edges with a wood tooth pick.
I can not find a consumer source, I rant because of it. I want another tube of F1.
don

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:46 am

Don't forget to get that windshield DOT approved Pa, as fed law requires :lol:

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:29 am
Pa Site Admin

Frankenstein wrote:
Don't forget to get that windshield DOT approved Pa, as fed law requires :lol:

Yeah....LOL....turn signals to boot as an addition. :lol:

Return to General Whatever-Technical