Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:13 am

Motorcycle...Protection Of Enviroment

May be interesting to many.. Pa

<<

thefrenchowl

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Re: Motorcycle...Protection Of Enviroment

I see there's no mention in there as being unlawful to drill or make holes in an EPA exhaust, so feel free to do so :D :D :D

Patrick
<<

fhsmith1

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:15 pm

That's why we ride old shit!
<<

Lee W

Post Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:10 pm

thefrenchowl wrote:I see there's no mention in there as being unlawful to drill or make holes in an EPA exhaust, so feel free to do so :D :D :D

Patrick

No, but the word "tampering" is used liberally, and I am willing to take a wild guess that drilling holes will be considered tampering. Just a wild guess, mind you, but I feel pretty confident in it.

I think I remember a rule for this board that precludes statements about politics, so I'll abstain from saying what I really think about this.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:53 pm

thefrenchowl wrote:I see there's no mention in there as being unlawful to drill or make holes in an EPA exhaust, so feel free to do so :D :D :D

Patrick

That will be mentioned in the conecting rules that this is attached to.

Also... This is not just a US policy. It is derived through UN agreements and will trickle on around the globe as it becomes adopted by other nations. The going Green thing. Except in India, China, Mexico, and like nations who will not go green. This is not political at all. It is manufacturing of motorcycles and like machines. How they run, what they run on, what they take in, and what they let out.
<<

Lee W

Post Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:26 pm

quote: "This is not political at all. It is manufacturing of motorcycles and like machines. How they run, what they run on, what they take in, and what they let out."

Are you serious? Regulations such as this not political? The only possible explanation I can see for anyone not thinking this is a political issue, is if they truly believe that a sticker on a motorcycle muffler will save the planet from us evil humans. See what you've done now? You went and tricked me into making a statement about politics right here on this board. I apologize to all of you who I may have offended.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:44 am

:mrgreen: Naw Bro....not a trick. If we was to designate the regulation as political, we would have to designate all related emissions as political. Example....port fuel injection systems....a marvel of technology with included max HP and efficiency. But ??? Port fuel injection was not invented for the purposes mentioned. It was created over mandatory fuel consumption policies. Main reason I posted the emmisions policy was to warn folks of what is to come. This is just the beginning of regs against early machines. The green people will target our vintage machines next ! Nope...not political at all. Law, regulations, and policy are controls of ok or not ok. Political would be candidates, parties, government types, etc... This is no different than the type of registration, license plate, inspection sticker, ect., one is obligated to comply with. I must admit though.... The line between the two is very very very fine. :wink:
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:21 am

I don't know about other brands but H-D has used catalytic converters in their mufflers for many years now. Cat's need to be replaced periodically as they collect a lot of crap in them and will eventually plug up. What happens when the MoCo obsoletes your muffler and no replacement is available? Is your motorcycle then delegated to go to the scrap pile?
PS There is a letter N in EnviroNment. :mrgreen:
<<

X-WLCH

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:30 am

What about my oil leak?
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:41 am

X-WLCH wrote:What about my oil leak?