Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions General Whatever-Technical Timer Identification

Timer Identification

Pretty much anything not covered by the topics above. Short lived production bikes or vehicles, Electrical, Tires, Paint, Brakes, etc. Use this for tech questions, and "Shoot the Bull" for general conversation, no tech.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:02 am
Pa Site Admin

What does the timer on the left go to ? Note the wirer routing hole verses the mounting hole locations. Thanks, Pa

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:54 pm
Pa Site Admin

Is it K-model ?

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:11 pm

What legnth shaft?

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:49 pm

Same question, different timer.
Both housings are Big Twin; Note the position of the base flanges, and difference in advance arcs. One with shaft is common timer; What model had the control wire in a different place?
....Cotten

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:17 pm
Pa Site Admin

Short shaft Chris.

That's one of my questions to Cotten. We installed this timer into a 45. Just won't work. Can't get it close enough to time it. Not even close enough to fire it up. I don't have enough gear cover assortment, K, BT, 45, to get a better idea. I'm thinkin the gear cover holds the story. Pa

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:12 pm

Hello i see this post is a little dated but where did that base go to??? i have the base on one to and it does run on mine i just have problems with starting but when it does run it stays on, so might be a manifold leak or the valves not shure yet,Iam in Indiana and the weather starts to act up :) so have to wait a little to look at that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDxS85zZduA

Return to General Whatever-Technical