Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions General Whatever-Technical OSPHO

Pretty much anything not covered by the topics above. Short lived production bikes or vehicles, Electrical, Tires, Paint, Brakes, etc. Use this for tech questions, and "Shoot the Bull" for general conversation, no tech.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:38 pm

I have several bikes that do not get ridden that much, but I do like to fire them up on occasion. I noticed the other day that the NEW gas is sucking moisture into the tanks and causing some rust in the bottom. Some of these tanks are Very expensive and I do not want them to rot out. I am thinking about pouring Ospho into them overnight then draining it out and filling the tanks with Kerosene. Then when I want to ride one I can drain the Kero out fill with gas and ride. Then after the ride I will shut the petcock and run out of gas, drain the tank and pour the Kero back in. What do you think. Is the Ospho a good idea? Some of these tanks are Lead soldered. I do not think the Ospho will harm them?!?! I know it does not need to be neutralized like Muratic Acid. Opinions? Thanks.

Post Sun May 24, 2009 11:57 pm

I read that JKE from knucklenutz did the OSPHO on a set of tanks & it bubbled up & needed cleaned out.. That was a few yrs ago.. So I'm pretty sure that's what he said..

Why don't ya just coat em with Por15 & be done with the headaches & hassles ?? ... oducts/12/

Return to General Whatever-Technical