FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anyone want to take a stab at this?

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

JIm

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:30 am

Anyone want to take a stab at this?

Figured I would post this here first seeing as it is not for sale yet.
The following should be coming up for sale soon if all goes well.
I know it will be tough with sight unseen.
Would anyone have an idea what this might be worth. It belongs to friend who's husband died a few years ago. They need money and the kids wont be doing anything with it.
Mid to late 1940's Indian Chief basket, 90 to 95% there if not all there. Motor and trans are together but the rest isn't. Frame with plungers, should be the correct frame for the motor. An addition bare Chief frame. All the sheet metal, wheels tires and brakes should be there. 2 leaf spring front ends, chrome rough. Plus a bunch more. Scout motor and tranny and a partial frame, apart. Other engine cases and parts.
I should be up where it all is this weekend and will see if I can get more info.
I don't think there is a title for any of it seeing as how it was taken off the road before Massachusetts required titles on all vehicles. It has belonged to the guy that died for a long time. Prior to that it was owned by his brother for a lot of years. The brothers ownership probably dates back to the early 70's.
PM me if you think you can help.

Jim
<<

zooma

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:32 am

Jim:
sorry about the death of your friend.I know many of our families will be in this same situration one day.I may be interested in the scout parts.Please let me know what they are if you have a chance.
thanks
zooma
<<

ironwigwam

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:27 pm

I would be interested in the whole lot of stuff. I,m right now 95 in Penna. See if you can get a better list and maybe a PIC and I will send you some numbers.
Rick
<<

JIm

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:32 pm

I got up to take a look at the Indian parts here is a bit more about the parts.
The complete motor is marked CDH xxxx, there are 2 other sets of cases one marked CDH xxxx and the other marked FDL xxxx
The front forks are not leaf spring they are girder style, one has rough chrome and the other is painted.
2 sets of handlebars
2 chief frames, one is stripped and the other has the rear wheel and a few other parts installed on it.
1 rear frame section, possibly scout?
2 sets of tanks
2 front fenders
3 rear fenders
2 headlights
2 tail lights
2 front wheels 16"
2 rear wheel 16"
There are 9 milk crates full of parts, I don't know Indian parts that well but it looks like most of the Scout motor and trans are there along with the chief parts.
The motor is together but has been sitting for a few years since it was last apart. One of The frames and some of sheet metal are in good condition but will need painting. One frame (the stripped one) will need a bit of tweaking in the front down tubes. The chrome on at least one if not all of the rims is rough.

I still am not sure when this all might become available,.

Jim

Return to Indians