Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Indians Ignition Switch

Ignition Switch

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:29 pm

Any update on the Bakelight switch repair? I was hopeing for a good out come. :)
Steve H

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:34 pm

Steve,
I am in the middle of a thrash to be enter the salt flat racing arena in October with Dream Catcher. Nothing else matters now except being there at World Final's 2006. The switch repair looks like I chose the right product. I will get back to it after my name is in the record books.
Rick

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:15 pm
Pa Site Admin

Good luck Rick. Keep us posted. Pa

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:49 am

Thanks Pa,
Rick
1957 S/VG

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:02 pm

BUST the record BOOK :) Stay safe and give us something to celebrate. May there be NO hi speed wobbles in your life.
Steve H

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:35 pm

Three years and still waiting to see if the switch came out OK. Would like to hear if the bike performed at the Salt Flats. Mostly just checking to see if all is well. Call me curious I guess. Steve.
Steve H

Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:41 pm

Steve,
The switch was swapped for something I needed before I finished the repair.
I leave August 27 for BUB and will stop at Davenport for a day on August 30, September 1, the pits open for BUB, My crew will be meeting the east coast contigent at Wendover.
Rocky
1957S/VG

Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:37 pm

From Pa. to Davenport, to Ut. Now that is a trip. Do well and be safe. Will wit for an update. That switch repair was a good idea and I hope someone will try it again. Bakelight is tough stuff to work with. Lots of that in old electrial stuff.
Steve H

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:13 am

I was real impressed with the quality of the Eastwood repair material. It adhered very well to the old Bakelite and sanded smoothly. Takes some patience with emery boards or nail files to smooth off the new material, but with some dye or paint would be hard to tell.
The trip from pa to Wendover is done by a bus which transports trailer, streamliner, tools, spares, pit supplies and 4 people. It can be viewed at ironwigwam.com.
We are selling T shirts for anyone interested in being listed as a contributor on our web site.
Rocky
1957S/VG

Return to Indians