FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Oil Oil Every Where

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:57 am

Oil Oil Every Where

Lost the return oil pump On my Scout about halfway through a parade on the 4th. I tell
you what young ladies in white dresses and owners of white corvettes (my
wife) certianly get hateful over a little oil, only half a tank or so. This
little bike has always been exceptionaly dry but now every joint and both
pipes are running oil. Maybe Old Hatefull will let me back in the house in a day or two. I had to stop and drain the cases and pour the oil back in the tank every coupla miles all the way home. Sure made for a long 11 miles, but that seemed better than asking Old Hatefull to bring the truck after I rained oil on the Vette that she spent 2 days cleaning and waxing.
Dusty
<<

Boogiemanz1

Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:48 am

DD, glad you made it home on the scout, sounds like the 4th had it's share of "firecrackers" for you........and now the scout won't rust.. LOL...........jb
<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:47 am

No no I never sujest anything to old hateful that costs money or involves work.The hand rubbed white lacquer with red pearl was bad enough.
More importantly after a new key and 3 hours of handlapping the sump valve and lower cover I'm ready for a late night ride to a carwash. Don't think that I'v ever seen a bike that would move under its own power with anymore oil on it. I rode it about ten miles this after noon and the pipes finaly stopped driping oil.
Dusty

Return to Indians